Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shirley Skinner Match, Waco, Texas

Guest nmchenry

Guest nmchenry

March 15-16 the Shirley Skinner Foundation Benefit Match will be held in Waco, Texas.  $70 entry fee covers 9 stages and a banquet dinner on Saturday night. Registration is limited to the first 150 shooters so if you need an entry blank please go to the Area 4 website and you will find one under the Matches section.  This is a fun shoot with the proceeds going to a good cause, generally kids suffering from serious illnesses.

• 2 weeks later...

(Sorry about the lame joke...I couldn't help but chuckle...and my better half said to go ahead and post it)        

Oh noooooooooooooooo,,,living in the Flexcrib is corrupting the poor young lady.  Jenny if you can hear this follow the light,  follow the light...

Next thing we know she'll have tossed aside her Para and have one of those ugly tupperware pieces.  ( Of course then I won't have to be so embarrassed when I get outshot by a girl with the same blaster I'm using!!!)

Hey my buddy is going to the match,  man the temptation is strong to stowaway for the trip!!!  

Guest nmchenry

From what I understand a few days ago there were already over 100 entries so if you want to enter you need to send your entry soon.  Only about 5 weeks left till match day.

NM

NM,His initials are P.W.,He is a great guy but man he can talk.He retired and moved up here where he was from originally but he can't find work here so he is moving back.He has been a big help but some of us have taken to wearing our hearing protection for the entire match.

Guest nmchenry

I understand there are only about a dozen slots left in the Shirley Skinner match.  If you want in you need to send your entry now.  

I called and there were still a handful of slots left.  I told them mine was on its way and mailed it out yesterday.  I hope there is still a slot left when they get it.  It was a great match last year and I am looking forward to making the trip.  It's a pretty long one from me but I am looking forward to it.  

Bryant Chaffin  

TY-43915

Guest nmchenry

Hi Bryant, glad you are coming to the match.  I have never met you but I hear you Miss guys are a great group.  As of yesterday there were 11 slots open so my guess is you will get in.  Most people sent theirs in quite awhile back and only a few have probably waited to enter this late.  It is a long way for me also as I live at the south end of Texas which is about 400 miles from the match.  It is the one match that no matter what I try to make.

Nenette

Nenette, I'm glad to hear us Mississippi folks have a good reputation.  I am sure that is due in large part to Cheryl and Michael Leck (of Leck's Guns Inc for those that don't know, www.lecksguns.com).  They have had a relationship with our club for a long time, long before I began shooting, and they have done a lot for our annual Section Championship match and promoting it out in Texas.    I'm sorry that only 3-4 of us are making it to the Make a Wish match this year.  Last year it was 8 or more I think.  Not that they didn't enjoy it, just stuff comes up you know...   Life I guess you could say.

(Edited by DBChaffin at 11:59 am on Feb. 26, 2003)

Guest nmchenry

B.C., I don't know how you Miss guys are set for targets but Brian Wilmer of Hot Shot Guns is suppose to be attending the match and will be selling 100 targets for $45.  I plan on stocking up for myself and for others.

Nenette