Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Support For Revolver Division Grows..(shot Show Discussions)

Hog Sniper

My reason for proposing this to Mike is that a fair number of revolver shooters already compete in classes other than Revolver, using 7 and 8-shot guns. Allowing them to compete,albeit at minor power factor, will more accuractely reflect the number of revolver shooters that actually participate.This alone will "increase" the number of Revolver Class participants.

Additionally, this change could attract some of the Australian shooters to participate in USPSA that currently only shoot ICORE, due to the caliber restrictions they face.

You can still shoot that 8 shot in Revolver Division. It just becomes important to count to "6". I know I've occassionally heard that loud click for a 7th with my 625. But then I can fall down while talking. :(

I probably have the least amount of high-level shooting experience on this board, but from this worm's-eye point of view it seems that the time difference between shots using major and minor PF ammo is the absolutely least important factor in one's score, with reloads being far more important. My experience is that there's about .10 second difference for me; I have no idea what it would be for a M or GM shooter. Even in a 30 round CoF, that's less than three seconds (2.5 @ five splits per cylinder for five cylinders), with four reloads. With a 16 round CoF, it would be just over one second. Given shooters of equal ability, can we really say that it'd be a wash with the additional reload(s) required for a six shooter?

I'm for six-reload-six, and seven- and eight-shooters in Production and L10.

Chuck, it's not the difference in splits (which actually would be minimal to immeasurable for many shooters), it's the points difference in scoring between Major and Minor. If you decided to shoot minor, all of a sudden your C-zone hits are worth 3 points instead of 4, and D-zone hits are worth 1 instead of 2. It adds up to a big disadvantage across a major match.....one of several disadvantages to the 8-minor option (theoretical option, that is) that I think just about washes with the chance to eliminate a reload here and there (keeping in mind a well-designed match doesn't offer one 8-shot array after another, although we have all seen that happen some places).

Mike - I understand that. I didn't mention that because the folks I shot with - Danbagger, John B. and a few others on this forum - even me, for that matter - rarely shot other than As. I thought it was a given. :D

Must be a west coast thing! :)