Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Speed Pouches

ihatepickles

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...products_id=695

They are in. Same price. Seems to be a more flexible plastic. Any other differences you notice?

LIMCATNEWPOUCH.jpg

More flexible plastic? As in easier to let-go or loose the mag?

I don't know Pickles... These have too little contact area with the mags and no tension adjustment.

I put a mag in the one i took a pic of and it retained the mag very well. the old material was a little more brittle and was prone to breaking. This material is not quit a rubber but it flexed and grabbed the mag at the same time I I believe these will release the mag even if you dont pull straight up on them. It seems to be longer so it hold more mag surface than the old ones.

I am still using old 077 safariland pouches but I may retire them and try these limcats this year. I didnt like the old ones but these may be the ticket. I like the idea of being able to adjust from parallel to perpendicular from the body or anywhere in between. As well as the angle to the belt as well.

I've been using the Limcats for a while and really like them. The only problem I had was initially turning the left most holder too perpendicular to my belt. I would turn to the right quickly sometimes, and that left most mag would go flying. After adjusting that mag that sits right at my left side more skyward (pad up, bullet nose pointed forward), I've had no problems. Never had any problems with the the other mags leaving the scene regardless of position. They're nice also because they multi-task for 3 gun, in that they hold 3 12 gauge shotgun shells beautifully. I've heard others say they've used them for AR mags, but I thought the AR mags were too tight and flexed the holder too much.

Edited by cpty1

I use the new ones and works really well for me. No problems holding fully loaded 170mm mags when running. I did try a fully loaded AR mag but not during a match. Seems to hold fine but can't tell for sure when running or going prone. Here's a pix on a CR Speed belt.

belt.jpg

Edited by norbs007

• 2 weeks later...

A small gripe, the hex bolts to adjust the pouches are different sizes and I really can't understand why this needs to be. One bolt is 1/8" and the other is 4mm. Two different sizes kind of sucks but when one is SAE and one is metric, that's just sadistic.

Edited by ihatepickles

i've used bianchi mag holsters during my 1911 days and loved them, but since switching to 2011's i've had a limcat set-up (holtser & mag poutches on my safariland belt) and never looked back. i'm real happy with the degree of adjustability. i never had a problem with retention or failure. they are versatile as well, i knew they'd take ar mags, but i didn't know they'd take shot shells too! they arent perfect though, mags are prone to slide up/out during deep bends at the waist. as for the matter of going prone, no mag poutch is comfortable in that position. but mindful of those points i don't think there is any better poutch for me as they've served me well for over three years.