Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Plate Racks ?

paraman1

My dad and I were discussing how to shoot plate racks with a shotgun . At a recent match they had a plate rack at roughly 10 yards (pretty typical range for most handgun matches I have been to as well) . When it was all said and done I was wondering if it wouldnt have been a better Idea to run as loose a choke as possible and shoot at the space in between the plates in the hopes of taking down 2 at a time . Anyone tried somethig like this or am I deaming of a game that won't happen ?

I was wondering if it wouldnt have been a better Idea to run as loose a choke as possible and shoot at the space in between the plates in the hopes of taking down 2 at a time .

Come try it on my plate rack sometime. Or better yet, do it at Pat Kelley's shotgun match this October. ;) If you set the plates *really* light could that work? Maybe....on a non-Bianchi rack - like the cheapo racks with the plates nearly edge to edge.

But we're evil up here. All our racks are Bianchi-Cup regulation racks. Plus, I'm just going to calibrate those plates so that nothing but a square-on hit will do. :lol:

I would come try it on yours but Mike Gibsons is much closer to my house . There is also one at the Parma Rod and Gun Club that I can try next Saturday .

Your Plate racks must be EEEEEVILLLL .

As for Pats match ... Keep me updated and I will check my school schedule when it comes out in March to see what weekends I have free .

You give up on the MOR stuff ?? I don't see you on the WCT website anymore ??

Edited by paraman1

My dad and I were discussing how to shoot plate racks with a shotgun . At a recent match they had a plate rack at roughly 10 yards (pretty typical range for most handgun matches I have been to as well) . When it was all said and done I was wondering if it wouldnt have been a better Idea to run as loose a choke as possible and shoot at the space in between the plates in the hopes of taking down 2 at a time . Anyone tried somethig like this or am I deaming of a game that won't happen ?

if you have two racks, 10 yards, each shooter has to shoot 5 plates on his rack and make a reload, then hose other plate on other guys rack.

also, good drill is to have a 15 yd line, shoot 3 plates, move to next yd line at 12 yds. idea is to shoot 3 plates from behind 15 yd line, advance and make reload and hose other 3 b4 the 12 yd line. you can also do it with 3 stations, 2 plates per station, w/2 reloads.

Your Plate racks must be EEEEEVILLLL .

As for Pats match ... Keep me updated and I will check my school schedule when it comes out in March to see what weekends I have free .

You give up on the MOR stuff ?? I don't see you on the WCT website anymore ??

Pat's website: www.multigun.com

The shotgun only match is every October.

I haven't been shooting much MOR. I just ran out of time between IPSC, skiing, and two jobs. I'll probably won't be shooting IPSC much at all next year, so maybe I'll go hang out with Stu and the boys this spring. ;)