Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WRT the rumor mill...

about a half-dozen people were given shoot-thru passes, due to scheduling constraints. One shooter, for example, could not make the match until late Friday morning, and was allowed to shoot thru until he was caught up with his squad.

TGO was given a shoot-thru pass because he needed to be at another event on the weekend; he ended up not coming at all (I presume it was because of tight schedules). No other "top dogs" got shoot-thru passes. Notably, the USPSA president not only shot with a normal squad, he also got (and worked) a half-day work assignment on a stage, just like everyone else.

I am aware of only one shooter who went home after the snow-day on Thursday. One other shooter threw out his back, and ended up not shooting the rest of the match on Dr's advice.

Oh... and the pattern of stuff coming through the stats shack was really interesting. Yes, Thursday was a tough day and it showed up on the scorecards. What was really interesting, though, was the equally bad scorecards that came through Friday morning. My guess is that some folks went out "with a vengeance" on Friday, and hurt themselves. Some of the stages sorta "tempted" one to go faster than one should... and it showed when they did. Very few people shot the match clean...

Bruce (stats)

Area 1 was my first big match. But boy was it cold on Thursday! It gives new meaning to the word "practical" shooting.

The challenge and design of the stages were great.

It was nice meeting and chatting with Eric. Once we defrosted.

I was hoping to perform better but it was a great learning experience.

Good news is my gun ran 100% with slide glide #1. I usually "cut" it with oil when the temps are close/sub freezing. I hadn't done that as I was expecting the normal temps of 50-70 degrees we had been having in OR. The cold weather seemed to affect alot of guns.

PS Roseburg is hosting an 8 stage USPSA Oregon sectional on July 11,12,13. Come on down! I promise -- no snow!!