Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Broken

joaquino

Hi Guys,

I've a problem with my 2 c-more which mounted on my 40S&W Modified blaster, one is allready broken right above the set screw of the left right adjustment screw, the other one has a crack on the same spot

does anybody eypierenced the same and know what todo?

Cheers

Chris

post-3319-1168530244.jpg

post-3319-1168530274.jpg

The only solution is to send them back to C-more and they can usually replace the body for less than selling you a new scope. The only alternative that I am aware of is to buy a new scope.

This type of crack is frequently caused by overtightening the windage locking screw and is very common. I had that happen to several of mine before I stopped loosening the set screw to adjust the windage. They can crack there without overtightening, as this is a weak spot, but overtightening will certainly expedite the failure.

Leo

Edited by L9X25

I just got mine back. It had cracked at the set screw area....

Now i know why i hit all of those no-shoots the last match i shot it.

C-more fixed it for free...Send it in. I hadn't over or under tightened mine. But one of the mounting screws was loose on the scope mount. Apparently enough movement to fracture the base.

Chris,

Two months back I had the same problem - They fixed it and sent it back for free.

I had another problem last year - the C-more lense shatter (gravity took over :) ... never run down stairs with an unlocked holster) They repaired that one and charged me like $40.00.

I'd send it back..

Paul