Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber Optic Rods

Joe D

Where can I get FO rods that are not in metric sizes. The rod in my front sight is 7/64" - .109". All the ones I can find are in mm. 2mm = .079" 3mm = .118" etc. I could drill out the front to take a 3mm rod I guess, but I would rather not do that.

Dawson sells .040, .060, .090 and .125. Brazos and ShootersConnection both offer .040 and .060. EGW offers FO, but dont list a thickness; the rods look pretty large in their pics. Mounting Solutions Plus offers .020, .030, .040 and .060. In fact, even the commercial distributors I looked up generally offered sizes up to .060.

I would give EGW a call and ask what their OD is, or get the Dawson .090 and melt the ends larger than the hole it slides into.

Edited by CDRODA396

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm

This is where I get all of mine from. Comes in 3' lengths.

Tom

Just got my variety pack form them today. Had violet instead of blue. I'd avoid it unless you find your fiber was a bad idea and don't eally want to see it anymore. The rest of the colors would probably work, and orange and yellow might make a nice choice for those who think their red or green rod is too intense and distracting.

At least int he .040/1m size.