Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Sup Load W/zero 125jhp And 4 Hole Hybrid 8 Port Comp

pbosik

Phil

Merry Christmas

I am also looking for a load using those powders for my SV IMM Open gun. It is basically the same configuration as yours. I am currently loading 10.4 VV 3N38 with a Zero 125 gr JHP with a 1.250 OAL. Let me know what you find and I will do the same.

i have tried 7.6 7625 @ 1.245 oal for aprox 170pf,,this is a new setup for me and have only shot this using one target and my chrono..i wonder if anyone has a diff combo that seems to shoot flat/soft that works this hybrid/comp really well??? Harmon, have u tried N350? if so how does it compare??merry x-mas to all..............

8.2 grains of 4756 powder

124 Montana Gold JHP

1.250" OAL

Winchester Small Pistol Primer

Millennium Custom Open gun with a titanium 3 port comp and 2 blow holes. This load is shooting at 169 power factor and shoots very flat.

One item that I would share is about the Zero 125 bullets, I have heard that they do not handle the pressure of 9mm major and some 38 super loads by quite a few people. They told me that the jacket seperates at pressure and the bullets are not rated for these loads. Never used Zeros other than 40 cal so I am just passing on info.

8.4gr of N350 under a 125gr Zero JHP goes 1360fps out of my Johnny Lim DragonCat (four-port hybrid w/5-port comp) for a nice, even PF of 170. Std dev with this load runs ~6fps for me...

Bump up to 8.8 for 115's...