Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Guns ..... Where To Start.

JDBraddy

Hope I didn't shoot myself in the wallet on this one. I'm a fairly new shooter, and don't feel that I'm really ready for an open gun. However, a club member who was needing $$$$ made me an offer today, that sounded too good to pass up. I bought his two year old Caspian open gun in .38 Super Comp, with C-More sight, Scope Coat, four mags (two big-stick, and two standard) with all his extra springs, followers, extra parts etc.... 1000rnds of new brass, 500 bullets, 4lbs powder, Dillon dies, calibre conversion kit, 550 tool head, Safariland holster, and I'm not sure what all else he threw in the box for $1,400.00 He's supposed to email me all his load data this evening or tomarrow. I'm sure the gun runs ok, because I've seen him using it. Just thought I'd check in here, to see what advice I could get getting oriented to and/or started using this thing!

Reloading Super takes a little more work than loading .45, but that sounds like a heck of a deal-- you should have no problem getting your money back out of it if you don't like it.

Find out what the previous owner did for cleaning and lubing as well.

Make sure the big sticks run reliably and pick up two or three more standard capacity mags, sight it in and go have fun :D

Thanks, I need to change over my Dillon and load some as soon as he sends me his load data. Once I have servicable ammo, I can go play. Previous owner says he just used gun scrubber and CLP for maintenance. Guess I'm just feeling overwhelmed. I hadn't planned on this. I just recently started this game, am trying to learn the basics, just got the Pact timer, had just bought a Remmy 1100, and am having it set up for competition, then I unexpectedly stumble into this deal. It's a lot to absorb all at once. :wub: