Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berry's 180 Rs Or Fp

moose76

i tried both along with their hollow point 180. they all fed the same. accuracy was decent for all 3 with hodgdon titegroup. thought about using clays but heard fast powders and plated bullets don't mix. I started out with RS and FP and eventually went to the hollow point thinking the longer surface area might net better accuracy results (i must be smoking some really good stuff :P). Never did any 50 yard accuracy tests but was able to keep it in the A zone out to 25 yards. By the way, I loaded all those out to 1.23 since they fed better in my Para.

"but heard fast powders and plated bullets don't mix"

What seems to be the problems that people are having with this combo? I just loaded up some N310 and 180 grain Rainier RNFP.

Rainier bullets and Clays works fine for me in .45

I have had no problems runing TG with Berrys at 170PF.

I have tried the RS, FP, HP & RN and they all seem to chamber about the same (at least in my pistols). The RN were easier to load but it really depends on what you want.

I dont have any in the shop right now but I think I still have some at home. I will check the length on them and post.

but heard fast powders and plated bullets don't mix.

I "heard" about it but i still tried it :P just to see what kind of results i'd get. Loaded up 100 rounds of clays / 180 grn berrys and 100 rounds of TG / 180 berrys. I didn't like the way clays cycled the slide in my para. But i think i was biased in my decision since i was used to the way the TG load felt in my para.

clays is a faster powder right?

Edited by yoshidaex

I like the RS bullet best in the 40...my glocks seem to gobble them up and they will still shoot within 3 inches at 25 yards in my KKM glock24

all that i have shot have been loaded with 4.2 grains Titegroup and a federal 200 primer and that gets 176 pf in the G24 and 169.5 in the G22

OAL is 1.135"

Right now im building a STI limited gun...those bullets are probably what i am gonna shoot through it when i burn up all these other bullets i have laying around.

harmon