Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Places To Live?

Arizona would be the top of my list (and the fiance already knows there's a plan to move there again). After that, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee or Alabama would fit the ticket pretty well. When we fly around for work, it's incredible to see how green and lush the areas are around the cities here in NC (Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte and Fayetteville). Being in IT, you already know about The Research Triangle since Cisco and friends have headquarters here. Liberal, not at all, but for a little more culture stick to Raleigh/Durham and Wilmington. Greensboro is nice too.

For me though, it's going to be back home to California after I get done killing time for Uncle Sam and then based upon the then wife's job situation (she has a great gig), it'll probably be down to AZ or Texas. Austin is a liberal/artist haven and between it or San Antonio, will probably be just 'wild' enough to remind me of home. Proximity to Mexico is nice too for long weekends with the wife.

Rich

Heh.. thanx all. Keep the suggestions coming .. The wife is already researching real estate price based on this thead. Of course it won't help us any for a while, but still ..

And Nik .. don't worry. I'm not running over the border just yet.

And Nik .. don't worry. I'm not running over the border just yet.

I'm not worried ---- I just want advance notice. Hell, I may stalk you to the next club....

For those of you not in the loop ---- Vlad became my co-match director a year ago, and my life got much, much easier and more fun on match day......

East Texas....east or southeast of Austin, not too close to the gulf. You can actually buy 10 acres here without a 45 year interest-only loan.

(Come on, Bruce! Washington has ONE season....wet!)

Edited by BrianH

• 2 weeks later...

How about Pittsburgh

5 active USPSA clubs

45 minutes in any direction and you are in the country

Lots of High Tech companies, Universities, Hospitals, Financial companies.

Good Climate

Close to NJ, just in case you want to visit

Low cost of living

Plenty of interesting things to do when not shooting

Gun friendly state, just have to have a clean record to get a concealed permit

The first day of deer season is almost a state holiday