Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OKO vs. OMNI sight system.

Dennis Loh

I want to have another go at the 'hud' type of scope.

Shooting a tube style now / Aimpoint Comp.

I have tried shooting the 'hud'(C-more) many years ago and I had problem locating the dot. I guess I did not try hard enough and also not given sufficient time to it.

I have shortlisted down to two types of 'hud' which I like namely OKO & OMNI.

Don't ask me why I did not include C-more. Nothing really just do not like it.

The OMNI is heavier but you can change the dot size on the spot. It has a 33mm lens.

It has all the good features but still is not very popular.

Wonder why?????

The OKO is the lightest and shortest even lighter and shorter than the C-more. It has a smaller lens / 26mm.

OKO & OMNI are parallex-free.

C-more lens is 28mm.

The pros and the cons, brightness and the reliability aspect of it. I find that under the sun the 'hud' is harder to see as the dot seems to wash away.

If you had trouble finding the dot on a C-More, you'll have the same problem with the OKO and Omni. The reason people have trouble finding the dot is because of an inconsistant grip and presentation; quite simply the gun isn't at the same place every time.

I have a couple C-Mores and an OKO on my AR and another on my Rem 1100. Next open pistol I build will use a C-More again though.

Things I like about the OKO is the battery used is more readily available than the OKO and is much cheaper. The brightness knob is much easier to use.

The C-More has a scratch resistant lens wheras the OKO is very clear about not cleaning the lens dry. That's important to me because of crud blowing back from the comp. It's easier to just wipe it off with a rag. You just can't scratch the C-More lens. The OKO also seems more prone to getting sun flare in the lens when the sun's shining into the lens.

One of my C-Mores has a sharper dot than the other or the OKOs. The other C-More is about the same as the OKOs.

One more important attribute of the C-Mores is they work forever. I haven't used the OKOs long enough to know about them.

I use OKO on both of my blasters.  I had use Aimpoin XD before and the OKO are the same line of sight as Aimpoint.  I didn't have to change grip when I change from Aimpoint to OKO.  The batteries are easy to find and cheap.  The dot are very bright compare to C-MORE, even in the very bright sunlight.  Shooting with the OKO for six months no problem at all.

kbear38S,

I have no problem locating the dot even with my eyes closed when doing the 'awareness axercise'with the Aimpoint.

Maybe I did not give myself sufficient time when I tried the C-more. I was switching between the C-more & the Aimpoint and I found that the Aimpoint was much easier to shoot with at that time.

Roger Rabbit,

Now that you have switched over to OKO from Aimpoint, did you find any advantages in doing so?

I need to invest in a new mount to fit the OKO and I am thinking of the CR Versa Mount. Mounts are limited for OKO for Tanfoglio frame.