Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Concealment Garment

jetflyer

For matches I use vest's that I bought at a surplus store. Tan when it's hot and black when it's cooler. I never use them when I carry. I usually wear oversized shirts or light jackets if it's cool enough for one.

I don't care what anyone says you can pick out who's carrying. The so called carry vest just scream look at me I am carrying a gun.We recently shot a big match and went out to eat. While were sitting there we noticed how much the vest stick out in public. We talked quite a bit about how easy it is to pick them out of a crowd.

Mike

If you don't want people to think you are carrying a gun when you wear a vest carry a non-concealed camera. The only people who assume you have a gun under your vest are the people who have a gun under their vest.

I use the Concealed Carry Clothiers vest, and wear it daily as well, specifically because it doesn't look "tactical." As more than one person at an IDPA match has said to me, "Wow, your vest actually looks like....a vest."

+2

I have one in cotton and a lighter one in nylon. Great vests. :)

Add another vote for the Concealed Carry Clothiers vest, in warmer weather.

However, during the December or February matches, (and even some other times depending on the ever changing weather here) the concealment garment tends to be whatever field jacket, parka, sweat shirt, or down vest that keeps me warmest....

For some reason shivering does not help my accuracy (and I need all the help I can get :P )

For those of us in the northland were it gets cold,,,I ran across a good deal at Eddie Bauer. They have windproof breathable vests on sale for 34.95. I picked up 3 of these and they are great quality vests. They would be a bit heavy and warm in the summer, but great all other times of the year and they look nothing like a "shooting" vest.

Try www.eddiebauer.com and do a search on windcutter vests.

Edited by TRP-Professional

The 5.11 is great for idpa and everyday use but I always figured that if I walked into a bad situation and the bad guy or gal knew what they were doing and saw that I was wearing my 5.11 I would be the first to get a cap in my ass. Everytime I see somebody wearing a 5.11 I know that they packing heat. Good or Bad? :unsure: