Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Bay Area Rifle Championship

barc-logo-2007.png

The date is now set and the planning is underway for the second annual Bay Area Rifle Championship.

For 2007 we are preparing a fun and challenging rifle shooting test that can be enjoyed with just about any repeating rifle you own.

More information can be found at the following link:

http://www.3gunrules.com/barc_2007.php

Registration will be available soon.

I look forward to seeing y'all and your favorite smokepoles there!

Registration is now up and running for the 2007 Bay Area Rifle Championship

Rules, Equipment Specifications & General Information are now posted.

The match entry fee is $45 for competitors who Register before March 28, 2007 and $65 for competitors who Register after March 28, 2007.

This match will be limited to the first 50 competitors, so get your entry in as soon as possible!

Every competitor will receive a free high quality Chamber Flag with their match info packet for registering.

We will be awarding Plaques to all division/category winners. In addition, there will be a prize table that competitors will be called to in order of finish using the combined division results (these are unofficial results).

More info to come.

The lack of a detachable magazine is exactly what I created "Sporting Rifle" Category in the Manual Rifle Divisions for. You don't need to worry about not having bottom metal. I can show you a pretty slick way to chuck-n-shoot when the blind mag is empty where you can keep putting rounds downrange in barely more time than it takes to work the bolt ifn'ya practice it a bit.

I haven't settled the rules 100% for gear in the Sportin' Rifle Category, but I want shooters to be able to use a customized hunting rifle with optics and a blind magazine competitively. I am looking at some variation of there being specific characteristics seperating Open rifles from Sporting rifles and having two, or more of these characteristics would keep you out of Sporting. At the moment I am looking at detachable mags AND muzzle brake keeping you Open only. Only one of the "Evil" characteristics and you are still eligible for Sportin' Rifle Category.

The lack of a detachable magazine is exactly what I created the "Sporting Rifle" Category in the Manual Rifle Divisions for.

Kewl! Something new and I get to use my 700P for something B)

I can show you a pretty slick way to chuck-n-shoot when the blind mag is empty where you can keep putting rounds downrange in barely more time than it takes to work the bolt ifn'ya practice it a bit.

Looking forward to that. Hopefully I can make it to the range when you're RO'ing.

I'll be out doing a bit of rifle shooting over the last weekend in December. Gonna' do a little testing on various targets with various rifles to debug some stuff before stage design gets finalized. Always happy to test things with more rifles.

RO'ing Saturday, taking over the 200 bay after 2pm and gonna' test a lot of different steel things. Hope to stay on the bay through Sunday.

Latest News Flash:

It looks like we are getting close to closing the deal on making the 2007 BARC a genuine USPSA recognized event. To that end, some small changes have been made in Division and Category regognition. Details can be found here: 2007 BARC Rules

The possibility of featuring a bona-fide rifle classifier stage is looking dimmer but I haven't given up all hope. I will still try to run a stage that could possibly qualify for future recognition.

More on all of this later.

OK, we are continuing to get a steady flow of entries and now after less than two weeks of registration being open, we are over 1/3 full. At this rate the match will be full long before the actual match date, so if you are thinking of shooting this one, you had better get your registration in soon.

The cap is set at 50 to allow for 5 squads of 10 and being done in one reasonable day of shooting with results/prizes being done before 5pm. We will try for a 2 day schedule in the future, but for now I do not want to increase the match capacity at the expense of a grueling schedule for the competitors and late results.

Semi-Auto Tactical and Manual Sporting Rifle seem to be leading the competitor choices with Open in 3rd place and Limited/Cowboy bringing up the rear with just a couple of entries. It is looking like there is a genuine interest in bolt rifles in IPSC style competition. Whooda' Thunkit!

Everything is in place for USPSA recognition now and this match will be a Level I event. Level II status will not allow the Cowboy, Sporting Rifle and Garand categories to be recognized so the 2007 BARC will stand pat at Level I in favor of keeping our new rifle categories.

Hope to see plenty of ya' there!

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the latest items of interest concerning the 2007 Bay Area Rifle Championship.

Stage Designs: Three of nine stages are finalized, two more are close to being in the design can and the last 4 are waiting for some range testing of special things to get finished up. It looks like all of the stages will be published in finalized form by the end of January. Round count looks like it will be in the 200 range at this point.

Match is filling up fast: In less than a month after opening up registration for the 2007 Bay Area Rifle Championship we have already reached the two thirds full mark. Due to our one day format (“this” year anyway), we are limiting the match to 50 competitors to insure a reasonable day of it. At the rate we are getting applications in, the match will most likely fill up by the end of January at the very latest. So if you intend to shoot this match, it would be a good idea to get your entry in as soon as possible.

Match fee payment: If you have registered, but have not sent, or made your match fee payment yet, please do so ASAP. Only the cleared payment of your match fee assures your slot in the 2007 BARC. The registration form you submitted is only your request to enter the match, payment must be made to confirm your entry.

Information on making match fee payments can be found here: 2007 BARC Match Fee Payments

Happy Shooting in the New Year to everyone.

Update: As of this morning we only have twelve slots left and then we will start a waiting list for those who wish to wait for someone who has already registered to cancel out.

We have been getting 1-2 registrations a day and I expect we will be full by end of next week.

Regards,

Classifications are more of a formality. Just enter your highest extant USPSA classification, it will not effect your match placement as Divisions and Category finishes are what we are rewarding on a heads up basis according to how many competitors.

I just sent you an email about that.

The shopping cart is picky about the CC date format. If you don't give it the amount of characters it wants (it needs leading zeros for single digits) you get a blank page instead of a success page. If this happens, use the back button and fix it, then submit again. Unless you get a success page, the transaction was never run.

I have deleted the blank order that resulted at my end so you can now run it again at your convenience.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

4 left now!

Stage designs are coming along and should also be posted sometime soon.

BTW, remember that if you have registered, but not yet paid the match fee your slot will not be confirmed until you pay. After April 10th we will drop anyone not confirmed and fill their slots in order from the paid regiistrations on the waiting list. You have to pay your match fee to confirm your slot in the match, or on the waiting list.

Refunds are available without any fee right up till April 1st. There will be a $20 administration fee after April 1st and no refunds after the 10th without extenuating circumstances.

Update: 1/30/07

As of today we only have two slots left before we go to a waiting list for additional registrations.

After April 1, all competitors who have registered, but not yet paid will be given one last chance to pay up, or they will be dropped and their slots given to the folks on the wait list who have paid their match fee in advance.

If you are on the wait list and have paid, but do not manage to get in, a full refund will be given along with a thank you gift for your trouble.

At the moment, we have 30 of 48 registered entrants down as confirmed (fees paid). If you are registered, but have not paid your match fee, it would be appreciated at the administration end if you would do so.

If you are concerned about your schedule and have not paid yet for this reason, note that full refunds will be allowed through April 1st and through April 10th with an admin fee of $20 deducted. After the 10th of April, we want to see a compelling reason to issue any refunds.

More info on stages and other items of interest in a few weeks.

Thanks again,

Update, 2/3/07:

Match Is Full! As of 11:25am on Saturday, February 3rd, 2007, the 2007 Bay Area Rifle Championship has reached it's registration limit of 50 competitors. If you have not already registered you will only be able to get on the waiting list when you submit the online match registration form.

Only paid entries are confirmed and after April 10th all unpaid registrations will be dropped from the match. The open slots will then be filled in from the "Paid" registrations on the waiting list in order of submission date. If you have registered, but not paid your match fee, please do so ASAP to confirm your entry in the 2007 BARC.

Additional information will be available soon at: http://www.3gunrules.com/barc_2007.php