Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bladetech Holsters

galt11

I am going to be buying a Bladetech for a production rig in the next week and am a little curious about the two different attachment systems they make, the regular and the Tek-lock. Please let me know you experiences with whatever ones you have used. I am trying to decide which I would like more. They both seem to do the same job, the tek-lock just would make it easier to take the holster off. Thanks

Adam

The standard belt loops (Stingray) are wider than the teklok so the holster has a wider mounting point on the belt and doesn't pendulum as much. If you're shooting USPSA then you'll probably like the DOH version best, it can be converted to pure belt carry for IDPA or use the dropped hanger for USPSA. I wouldn't like teklok for my holster, too narrow.

The teklok is OK for mags and such. I use a inner/outer belt system so I don't really care how easy something goes on or off my belt. For the teklok mag pouches I add some velcro so that the pouches won't shift around.

It all depends on which game you're playing.

I have two pics to answer that question.

This is my DOH with the standard attachment. It worked okay for about a year, but never felt completely "locked in" to my CR Speed belt. It recently broke...

DSCN0652.jpg

Blade-Tech sent me a replacement attachment, the Stingray that you see here. I am VERY satisfied with how this attachment clamps on to my rig...

DSCN0656.jpg

Lastly, I would suggest CR Speed mag pouches. They come with inserts that can accommodate many different styles of magazines, and hold the mags well away from your body...

DSCN0660.jpg

Edited by Pharaoh Bender