Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guppie-bellied Glock Brass

Dick Flanagan

• 1 month later...
I owned a couple Glock 17's and never had a problem with the brass from them.

Problems only seem to show up when reloading Glocked brass using standard dies for use in aftermarket match barrels. Using such ammo in factory barrels, even non-Glock ones, seems to work fine. This is my personal experience in 9x19 and .40 S&W; I've probably reloaded Glocked .45 ACP brass too and just don't know it, and haven't had problems in my .45 ACP bottomfeeders with match barrels (USGI and BarSto).

Edited by revchuck

• 4 weeks later...

I put about 10,000 rounds through my Glock 21 which I bought used with a Bar-Sto barrel. I liked that Bar-Sto because it could shoot lead but I have learned to never use it in a match. It never ever failed to feed any cast bullet but sometimes it would fail to fully chamber the cast bullet and occasionally the jacketed ones too, even after they dropped into the chamber checker. I do not think that the factory barrel for my 21 is hard on brass. My 35 is a different story though. Fired brass gets ugly real quick and I load them only about a half a dozen times before I no longer bother to pick them up. My 35 is a game gun only and I run only one load through it. It never lets me down. That chamber will feed some pretty ugly rounds and that polygonal rifling is very forgiving with plated bullets no matter how badly they've been abused during the loading process.

Dave Sinko