Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Bps Mag Tube

oddjob

Nobody makes one for the BPS (commercially). the thread pattern is 15 TPI, which is a very odd tpi. But, putting two together (turned, brazed, etc) with a sleeve works great. Its just like a SX2 practical mag tube.

I like my BPS also. I have the 3.5 inch stalker and also made my own magazine extension. Started with a Tac-Star +5 extension for an 870 and a spare magazine cap. Bored out the 870 threads and pressed in the BPS magazine cap and away I went.

I love the lack of lifter plate, I grab two shells at at time from my stripper drop one in the loading port and then push that one and the second one into the magazine with one motion. And as AH6IP said loading direct to the chamber isn't that bad with a little practice.

My three gun setup

mcb

Hey oddjob, call Choate directly. Although they don't list it, I bought the tube for Auto 5 (I think) and it worked without any problems. Nice gun but I sold it last year with the tube after cutting myself too many times loading (those sharp edges at the bottom look nice but they are like razors when you try to go fast with loading 4!)

• 3 months later...

Browning product #: 012244371

20" barrel

12g 3"

Cylinder bore with fixed choke

7rd magazine tube

Synthetic Stock.

7lbs, 8oz

Trying to offload my 3.5" 12g Stalker to buy one... The only bad thing that I see is that the barrel is proprietary to this model.

Browning product #: 012244371

20" barrel

12g 3"

Cylinder bore with fixed choke

7rd magazine tube

Synthetic Stock.

7lbs, 8oz

Trying to offload my 3.5" 12g Stalker to buy one... The only bad thing that I see is that the barrel is proprietary to this model.

Don't do it! Presuming you are looking to use this in 3 gun, cylinder bore is not advisable.