Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems with Shoemann hybrid barrel

Law Dawg

I just purchased an SV framed open gun from a friend and it has a Shoemann hybrid barrel. At the last local match, I noticed that the gun was jamming a lot, and I noticed that the unfired round would get stuck in the barrel, and it would be a B*tch to clear the jam. When I got home, I case checked the jammed rounds in the Shoemann barrel and they would only go into the barrel halfway. I then case checked the same ammo in an STI trubor and the rounds would go in and out of the barrel with no problems. Has anyone had the same experience? Please share your ideas..........

Thanks, LD

Your Hybrid barrel likely has a tight chamber, but your STI is a slut.

Get a chamber guage and check the rounds in that, if they will pass a chamber guage but still will not go in Hybrid barrel, chamber is too tight.

I've had this issue before, usually it comes from shooting the brass in the loose gun then trying to fire it, after reloading, in the tight one. If you have two guns and the chamber dimensions are different, keep the used brass from each separate.

Law Dawg, is the barrel and AET?  My AET is tight but when clean I can run 60-70 rounds before they start to hang up.  This is with ammo I chamber checked by dropping them into the barrel.  I think the flutes in the AET fill up with crap and that causes the sticking.