Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Glock

jasmap

Can any of you guys tell me if there is any kind of real difference between the S&J Custom Open guns and the Novak Open guns? And if there are any real differences what are they? I'm specifically talking about a G17 that makes major and not just a steel gun and not the Stealth package. I've emailed Steave at S&J Custom and he's been great with the info. and all the particulars but I just want to cover my bases before I invest. Thanks.

Can any of you guys tell me if there is any kind of real difference between the S&J Custom Open guns and the Novak Open guns? And if there are any real differences what are they? I'm specifically talking about a G17 that makes major and not just a steel gun and not the Stealth package. I've emailed Steave at S&J Custom and he's been great with the info. and all the particulars but I just want to cover my bases before I invest. Thanks.

Both are Great Smiths, but I went with a S&J Custom for both my Limited & Open Glocks.

(2 of each) I liked the fact that my slide wasn't cutup & I could return it back to stock if I so desired. I also likes the way the C-More is mounted on the S&J model a lot better.

Besides an S&J gun is the ONLY Open GLOCK to ever win a world title. Nuff SAID!

Manny

Edited by TruStreet

Both are Great Smiths, but I went with a S&J Custom for both my Limited & Open Glocks.

(2 of each) I liked the fact that my slide wasn't cutup & I could return it back to stock if I so desired. I also likes the way the C-More is mounted on the S&J model a lot better.

Manny

Thanks Manny. I PM'd you BTW.

Just placed my order for a new SJC Open 9MM Major blaster. Steave at SJC is a true pleasure to work with and John will make you a gun that sings and you will be happy no matter what. He will do whatever it takes to make you and your new gun work great.

O.K. enough @$$-kissing. SJC is a GREAT gun. I am sure Novak is equally great, but John knows Glocks. You won't be sorry.... :)

-Mike Patrick

Albuquerque

• 2 weeks later...

Manny

Hey TruStreet ,

Can you shoot WWB 9mm in your open SJC glock ? If so do you need to change recoil springs for major and minor ? Thanks

Hey TruStreet ,

Can you shoot WWB 9mm in your open SJC glock ? If so do you need to change recoil springs for major and minor ? Thanks

Yes, you can shoot WWB in your S&JC Open Glock. I would spray the comp with PAM for grilling before doing so. This will make cleaning the comp that much easier. Whether you need to change springs depends on your shooting platform. With my wife we had to but she is 5’6” & 125 lbs. I’m about 6’ & 245 lbs. & I use the same spring for both.

Edited by Flexmoney

Hey TruStreet ,

Yes, you can shoot WWB in your S&JC Open Glock. I would spray the comp with PAM for grilling before doing so. This will make cleaning the comp that much easier. Whether you need to change springs depends on your shooting platform. With my wife we had to but she is 5’6” & 125 lbs. I’m about 6’ & 245 lbs. & I use the same spring for both.

Thanks for the info on the pam deal . Do you know what brand and weight spring SJC use in there open guns ?

TruStreet,

Thanks for throwing in info about the wife. My fiance wants one of their Open guns and she's a smaller framed girl too.

Rich

At first I stated Angie, (my wife) with a powder puff load to get her comfortable with the gun. Each time I reloaded a new batch I upped the load just a tad till I got her shooting FULL Power Major 9. When I finally told her she was shooting Major she wanted to know why I took so long in getting her there :P

Spooled:

Thanks for the info on the pam deal . Do you know what brand and weight spring SJC use in there open guns ?

They use Wolf Springs from 10 lbs to 14 lbs depending on your platform.

Edited by TruStreet

I went with Novak's setup for a G34 open. It has a KKM barrel that has 5 ports through the factory cutout. It also has a melted Jpoint. It will shoot white box all day with a #12 or #14 spring. My friend also has a G17 with a 3 port aluminum comp from Novaks thats shoots very nice as well. I would give Tim a call to discuss options. He is a great guy!