Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para P16 Vs Armscor Medallion 1911-a2..help Please

Tolly

Okay guys, here's the deal. I just bought a new Kimber and all the goodies to shoot Single Stack with. I also bought and tricked out a Remington 1100 and RRA AR-15 for three gun if I decide to play that game so funds are a little LOW right now. I really want to get something to shoot in Limited and just plain want a hi-cap 40 anyway so here is where my delima is. I can buy an Armscor Medallion 1911-A2 Hi-Cap 40 which is a Para clone or I can buy a Para P16 for $230.00 more than the Armscor. I believe they have the same features except the Armscor comes with a fiber optic front site. I have read a bunch of good reviews about the Armscor but haven't done much research on Paras. Is the Para P16 worth the extra $230.00 or should I go with the Armscor? What should I consider Pros and Cons wise either way. I could really use some help working this out guys...Thanks!

Hi Tolly,

Go with the Armscorp. I have several Paras, one Enterprise and two Armscorp widebody guns (I also have one STI but I'm just not a plastic type of guy).

The Armscorp guns (and the Enterprise for that matter -except they are not be sold anymore) are every bit as good as the Para ones, if not better. One of the things I most like about them is that they don't have the hokey Series 70 safety trash.

HTH

Sam Spiteri

It all depends what you want :D

In my line of thinking

Armscore will need a little tinkering from what I have read like a Caviler

Para should be better quality more like a Monte Carlo

Or you could add another 200 and get what you really want

STI the Corvette

That's kinda how I feel yet I have no experience with any off them :lol::wacko:

Okay R/T, you are going to have to tell me where you buy your STI guns. I can get the Armscor Medallion decked out with fiber optic front site for $650. Now you say I should add $200 and get an STI??????????????????? Where in the heck are you buying new Hi-cap .40cal STIs for $850.00? I will borrow the money and buy several STIs for that price and sell them. The best deal I have found so far on an Edge is from Brazos Custom Gunworks for $1687.00 . Even if you meant $200 more than the Para (which is $837) that would still be getting an Edge for $1037. I am now VERY excited, I REALLY want a new STI Edge so please tell me where I can get one for the price you alluded to.

Okay R/T, you are going to have to tell me where you buy your STI guns. I can get the Armscor Medallion decked out with fiber optic front site for $650. Now you say I should add $200 and get an STI??????????????????? Where in the heck are you buying new Hi-cap .40cal STIs for $850.00? I will borrow the money and buy several STIs for that price and sell them. The best deal I have found so far on an Edge is from Brazos Custom Gunworks for $1687.00 . Even if you meant $200 more than the Para (which is $837) that would still be getting an Edge for $1037. I am now VERY excited, I REALLY want a new STI Edge so please tell me where I can get one for the price you alluded to.

I knew you really wanted a STi Edge HA HA :lol:

I was taking 200 or so more than the Para

Here one for 1600 with all the gear and mags

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38405

Other than that I pulled those numbers out of my who ha :wacko:

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...products_id=499

But theres the one I want.

1680 But you get an awsome shooting bag free :ph34r:

R/T Performance said...

Other than that I pulled those numbers out of my who ha

Dude, you're killing me! I love honesty when called out! LOL!

Yes, I would really like to have an Edge, actually I would like to have an Edge Plus from Brazos Custom Gunworks or better yet on of their BCG ProSC Limiteds. I will buy one if I decide to stick with the gun game stuff, I am just tapped out right now after spending about $3200 over the last three weeks. Heck I have never even shot a single match yet and I have only been out to watch it one time. (I live about 6 miles from The Double Tap Ranch). I may just hold off on buying something to shoot in Limited for a while and pick up an XD tactical 9mm to shoot in production for extra practice. After a while of shooting Single Stack and Limited 10 with the new Kimber and mayber shooting some production with an XD tactical(w/Canyon Creek trigger job and sites) I should know whether or not I want to stick with it or not. Then maybe I will have saved up enough money to get a Limited gun from Brazos Custom! What do ya think?

Perhaps you mean Series 80?

Yep, what he said.

Sam Spiteri

R/T Performance said...

Yes, I would really like to have an Edge, actually I would like to have an Edge Plus from Brazos Custom Gunworks or better yet on of their BCG ProSC Limiteds. I will buy one if I decide to stick with the gun game stuff, I am just tapped out right now after spending about $3200 over the last three weeks. Heck I have never even shot a single match yet and I have only been out to watch it one time. (I live about 6 miles from The Double Tap Ranch). I may just hold off on buying something to shoot in Limited for a while and pick up an XD tactical 9mm to shoot in production for extra practice. After a while of shooting Single Stack and Limited 10 with the new Kimber and mayber shooting some production with an XD tactical(w/Canyon Creek trigger job and sites) I should know whether or not I want to stick with it or not. Then maybe I will have saved up enough money to get a Limited gun from Brazos Custom! What do ya think?

If you are going to get another gun, go for the Armcorp gun. For what it's worth (<0.02) I think getting a production gun will throw your SS and L-10 game off.

Sam Spiteri

Since you say you are just starting out, if you do not reload, get a 9mm and shoot production until you can afford what you really want. If you do reload, then go ahead and get a .40 and shoot in limited, but don't spend a ton of money on it, and make sure whatever you go with has a really good resale value like a Glock 35 or something so you can make that money back and put it towards mags and holsters, etc.

R/T Performance said...

That sounds like a great plan.

I been shooting Xd tac cc trigger and tru-glow fibers in production most of the year.

It's alot of fun and the mag changes add a whole extra level to the playing field.

I am planning to shoot l10 next year because major scoring really benifits me.Unless Single stack become a permant division then I may take that on (Since I won a club match with my S.A. Loaded)

I hear you it's hard my Wife only allows me to shoot one match a month :o .

I just got started last year.

I went to the Pistol-gear group shoot and got hooked.(At the time I had an XD service completly stock)

Shortly after I need Trigger job,Fiber sights,Tactical,Better holster,Mag pouches,Cr speed belt,Dillon Square deal be loader,Range bag and lets not forget the 1911

Yup I spent a few $$$$ and Just picked up a Shotgun and still looking for a great buy on an AR ;)

Almost forgot did you see this http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...f=3&t=26887

His armscor looks sweet

Edited by R/T Performance

Instead of buying more guns...get some ammo together and go shoot for a while.

what he said. I know its tuff with everbody going look at my new limited/open gun. I got my XD tuned up so I can run in production to get the needed skill before I get my mojo stomped by the big dogs in limited.

On a side note the XD isn't far off the 1911 as far as grip and pointing and what not. I do it just fine and I know several others that shoot xd in production then go 1911 for single stack/limited 10.

Okay guys, here's the deal. I just bought a new Kimber and all the goodies to shoot Single Stack with. I also bought and tricked out a Remington 1100 and RRA AR-15 for three gun if I decide to play that game so funds are a little LOW right now. I really want to get something to shoot in Limited and just plain want a hi-cap 40 anyway so here is where my delima is. I can buy an Armscor Medallion 1911-A2 Hi-Cap 40 which is a Para clone or I can buy a Para P16 for $230.00 more than the Armscor. I believe they have the same features except the Armscor comes with a fiber optic front site. I have read a bunch of good reviews about the Armscor but haven't done much research on Paras. Is the Para P16 worth the extra $230.00 or should I go with the Armscor? What should I consider Pros and Cons wise either way. I could really use some help working this out guys...Thanks!

If you are not "brand conscious", got get the Armscor Medallion and use the extra cash to buy some hi-quality trigger parts. If only I wasn't in a hurry, I would probably bought an Armscor Medallion last June or just assembled a gun from scratch. Anyway, am happy with my P16-40 Limited (not pxt), just had to dish out extra cash to upgrade some parts. ;)