Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.355 Or .356 9mm Questions.

sasquatch981

Hi,

I have a 9mm AR-15 from Rockriver Arms that I shoot in local Pistol caliber carbine matches. I saw some .356 9mm bullets for sale, and was wondering if the extra "thousandth" in diameter would cause problems with the rifle. Years ago I had to use .356's in a Beretta 92 because it was keyholing like crazy. The .356's solved the problem. I have had no problems with the rifle though, and don't want to create any.

Would I just need to add a scoche more powder (1/10 of grain if any) to make the same pf, or is it better to just stick with .355's. What about barrel wear with the bigger bullet?

The bullets I am looking at are plated, and I have been shooting MG 124's, but these are nearly half the price and local. Any comments?

Edited by sasquatch981

If they are half the price they are not going to be that way for long. (that or they lack somewhere in plating thickness etc.) copper prices are very unstable. and plating uses more copper than jackets.

my advise don't fix it if it's not broke. once you go 356 you probabally won't be able to go back.