Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Format

joer

Sometimes you have to push the speed envelope, but you should never be pushing the safety envelope.

AMEN Bro!!

I have learned much in the last 14 years!!

I have learned from others and from my own mistakes/

NEVER Mess with Safety!!

Y

The stage did not get the Prez DQ'ed....he got himself DQ'ed.

Correct. I probably wasn't clear. I wasn't referencing the DQ...I was identifying the stage type...boring. A few of those is more than enough.

And I thought you liked steel challenge? And shoot offs? I too like a good mix of stage types. Tell me brass hopper, when you choose to be bored with a stage is it more fun than enjoying it? I'm confused.

Sorry Dale, didn't mean to confuse you...maybe I should type slower? (how about we now call it even on the smartass remarks?) ;)

I love Steel Challenge. I love shoot-offs. Those are great fun and great shooting tests...within their limited realms. (They test a few things, greatly...specialized.) They aren't USPSA.

When I choose to be bored, it's usually not just one stage...it is a series of them. Let me put it a different way...

In the mornings, when I slip on my shoes, I usually don't tighten up the laces all the way (more comfortable). I'll usually tighten them up, nice and snug, when I need to. I was able to shoot waaay too many stages without having to tighten up my shoe laces. That, at an USPSA match, makes me a bit bored.

I'll look over the stages again, from a more objective standpoint. Perhaps logic will be able to override how I felt...

Give us your ideal breakdown on number and types of stages along with number of rounds per stage that does not bore you...just curious to see what keeps you interested.. :)

Be specific, none of this politically correct stuff about your tennies being loose or tight..

Weird. I share how I felt and it seems you would like to refute my point of view ?

Shred (who shoot the match) likes those style of stages more than I do..by far. And, this was his take:

Not a lot of shooting options however, and I can agree with Flex that more of them aren't really needed.

Accuracy is not required to be sacrificed just to have a higher round count. In fact, mixing in two or three long (read L O N G) shots in an otherwise close up stage is more of a test than simply a long shot.

With a stage that is all 35 yards, everyone has to slow up and aim. You know that that is what you will do. With mixed stages where there are two close targets with a really long shot you have to transition, not only target to target, but your speed, everything has to change up. Throw in several arrays like that and you can watch otherwise competent shooters crash.

My opinon of course and others often vary.

Jim

Jim

Isn't that what it is all about..can we handle the changes in tempo, the slow down after the hyper speed...if that causes crashes perhaps it is because the shooter was not as adaptable as was required by the COF...that is a shooting test that can separate the shooters from the others...it does not seem like any kind of trap, just a good test.. ;)

Jim

Isn't that what it is all about..can we handle the changes in tempo, the slow down after the hyper speed...if that causes crashes perhaps it is because the shooter was not as adaptable as was required by the COF...that is a shooting test that can separate the shooters from the others...it does not seem like any kind of trap, just a good test.. ;)

I think we are on th same page. At least reading the same book.

I don't like a 9 round 35 yard course. I think it is actually less of a challenge than a 30 round course that requires you to do it all. If we were to expand the Nationals, I would vote for 6 more field courses. minimum of 16-20 rounds. Not 6 more hokey classifier type stages.

Jim