Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ced Display Board

EricW

http://shootersconnection.com/store/produc...products_id=514

Link above ^^

Anybody used the CED RF remote display? I'm seriously considering getting one or two setups to help our steel matches. The older guys aren't hearing so well, even with electronic assistance. They also seem fun from the aspect of turning matches into more of a "horse race" with everyone in the peanut gallery seeing what the times to beat are.

Ran a Stage at the Texas state Limited in 04 and If they are left in direct sunlight they heat up and the display fades away. a few minutes in the Shade and they are good as new. Had one not pick up the last times some times ( only 10 feet from it) and the "board" lags behind they timer by about half a second or so. So if you are using it to score got to double check the times and wait a while after it stops moving.

If you had one on every stage at a major, I might see people wanting real time numbers on the Super Squad, but at a smaller match, there might not be that much interest.

We have one at Richmond. I don't think it's been used in years...

OK...a bit more depth...

The club I started with(Rayner's Range) bought about four or so of the RU Ready (yellow) timers and their RF display units. As shooters, we used to love them at the monthly matches. I think those display units lasted longer than the yellow timers did.

They are really fun at Steel Challenge style of matches too.

The CED version (much better timer) looks to have a similat display unit, but I have no idea if they are made by the same place that makes the displays for RU Ready.

The display does lag a bit, which is fine. You get to see every split show up (maybe if we shot slower it wouldn't lag as much). The lag isn't worth worrying about, IMO.

If you video tape your training, then these are fantastic. They allow you to see every split time on the video.

If I had my own club, I'd look at these real hard.

We have one at our range, it works very well and the shooters love it.

It is mounted on a 2 wheel dolly, the bottom portion of the dolly carries the shooter buckets with tape, staplers, etc.

Highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...