Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying To Figure Out What Powder To Start With. .45 And 9mm

chunger

I dont shoot compatition yet, but when I am wiping up a load in "THE LAB" for plinkering I use ALLIANTS POWER PISTOL. and sofar I am liking the price, how well it measures and easy it is to spot a double charge and versatility... curently loading for: 44Mag,40cal and 45ACP at the moment... just to throw this out there as an option..

Im a fan of WSF (winchester super field) if you are trying for a relatively cheap powder that will work well in both calibers..It is a slower powder than V320 and will work especially well in 9mm...works well in 45....especially for those hotter loadings

Bets

• 2 weeks later...

i have been using Power Pistol for both 9mm And 40 SW and it lists 45.

i really like this powder it seems to burn real clean and have never had any problems with it

in either of my loads i guess i am the only one who uses it because everyone else lists

other powders they use

Is there something Wrong with Power Pistol Powder?

I shoot a lot of .40, but what has been a great help to me is the load guide that I got from Dillon. It has all the loads from the manual of all the different bullet makers. While it may not give you what many feel is the "best" load, it is great to cross reference. You can look at the 9mm pages and see powders, and then check those against the .45 info. Also, I trust the experience that you will get from shooters on the BE forums, but it never hurts to cross reference stuff against a book.

i have been using Power Pistol for both 9mm And 40 SW and it lists 45.

i really like this powder it seems to burn real clean and have never had any problems with it

in either of my loads i guess i am the only one who uses it because everyone else lists

other powders they use

Is there something Wrong with Power Pistol Powder?

Na, your not, I like this powder and use it for 4 calibers, not bad of a price $52.00 for a 4Lb jug is not bad at Midwayusa.com...it not a fast burning powder but its not slow not the best of powders but not the worst..

Alliant makes great stuff. I'm using American Select in 9mm, 40 and 45. There are major and minor loads for all the calibers. Also its bulky so a double charge is nearly impossible due to the large volume it takes up in the case. My next is going to be Power Pistol.