Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thanks Brian,

PaulW

• 1 month later...

Well the forum boards have once again proven their value to me.

After a 3 month layoff...I haven't fired a round out of my SVI since late Nov. early Dec....I shot my first match of the new year, a Level II.

I dry fired for 1 hour each night this week..unfortunatly no time to go to the range...and got my gear ready. Reviewed the forums board (mostly the Zen stuff) and went to bed.

Got to the match today, a bit nervous...it had been 3 months...went through my routine and headed out with my squad

Man my heart was racing, hadn't had that in awhile. Got it under control through breathing exercises and LAMR.

The match format had no down time, 5 shooter line up, load then proceed to shoot their stages in turn, rotate and continue, we shot 5 stages in under an hour, including walkthroughs. Stages were a 24 round field course, a 6 round speed shoot, an 11 round medium (which we gamed abit, took a big risk and it paid off for some :) ) another 6 rounder and a 30 round field course. Anyways, I shot very well, a little rusty, most of my draws were a bit off, around 1.00. But overall it went very well, I left with a more than 15% lead....which should be trimmed down when Mike Auger shoots tomorrow. But I left happy and thought about how valuble this board has been to me.

Thanks to all who contribute and especially to BE for hosting it.

Pat