Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice On A Benelli

aerosigns

Guys,

I need quick advice.

I have the opportunity to buy 1 or more Benelli M1's, 18.5 inch barrel, pistol grip, choke tubes, used. $401.

Good, bad, or fair deal? :huh:

I don't own a Benelli, but would like one that is a good base to build a 3 gun shotgun.

Umm, at $401, they're a steal! Maybe literally. Seriously though, I would jump on them for the price. Normal fair for a used Benelli is around $650. Make sure they haven't been abused and the receivers are OK. Are these LE guns?

Umm, at $401, they're a steal! Maybe literally. Seriously though, I would jump on them for the price. Normal fair for a used Benelli is around $650. Make sure they haven't been abused and the receivers are OK. Are these LE guns?

I'd buy at least 2 for that price...providing that they are not beat up.

New barrel (longer) and new stock will put the price up there pretty high..... :huh:

True. He could sell the original barrel and stock and offset much of the cost, though. I'd buy it - sell it at a profit - and then buy one ready to go from Benny Hill :D

I love my M1S90, but all Benelli parts are WAY overpriced IMO.

Guys,

Yes these are former LE guns, taken in trade from a wholesaler that I do business with.

So what is the overall concensus? Buy two sell them both - for what amount?

And then buy an already set up one - for what amount?

What am I looking at for cost to get one into 3 gun shape, without going too overboard?

you don't have to sell the stock, some people use it quite comfortably, i'm not one of those.

the barrel is workable provided it takes chokes, i used an 18.5" for a while until i found a reasonable price on a 21". buy both if you can afford to, but you'll have a very usable shotgun for 3 gun if it will take chokes as it is.

when looking for barrels 21" or 24" will do nicely, make sure you purchase an extension tube that will allow you 10 rds in the gun w/o one on the carrier , and you won't be disappointed

trapr