Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Mkiv Timer Chronograph

41mag

Hello every one, I'm new here and just getting started in the action shooting sports.

I have ordered me a boat load of supplies including the PACT timer Chron. For those of you who have this timer could you please tell me if yours came with a usb cable or not, mine didn't. If it didn't come with one where did you get one? Where did you find the software download on PACT's website? Where did you find the full user manual on the website? I was very surprised to have had a rather poor experience with there site. Any help or advice that any one who has already been there done that could offer me would be fantastic! Thank you for your time on this matter.

41mag

The PACT website seems to be still under construction. I don't know about the chrony, but my timer didn't come with a USB cable. Nothing comes with a USB cable these days it seems-- even USB printers don't (wtf?)

The cables are everywhere at electronics gizmo stores though-- make sure you get one with the right ends on it-- they're not all the same.

http://www.pact.com/downloads/PACTChronographBrowser.zip is the chrono software.

The PACT website seems to be still under construction. I don't know about the chrony, but my timer didn't come with a USB cable. Nothing comes with a USB cable these days it seems-- even USB printers don't (wtf?)

The cables are everywhere at electronics gizmo stores though-- make sure you get one with the right ends on it-- they're not all the same.

http://www.pact.com/downloads/PACTChronographBrowser.zip is the chrono software.

shred,

Thank you very much. Guess I'll have to do some more shopping.

41mag

Thank you.

Now that I have a usb cable and have downloaded the software I'm still a newbie! Somthing is wrong. I cant download data from my PACT to the pc. I open the timer browser and tell it to download.. I also put the timer into the correct mode and it says waiting for pc... the pc ask to name save as file and location and I do and then nothing happens. If (or when) I closes the save as dialog box I get a fault mesage that download aborted cause I closed the name file box...Any ideas on this? My description is most likely off a bit as it has ben 4 days since I tried this. Thank you.

41mag

Thank you.

Now that I have a usb cable and have downloaded the software I'm still a newbie! Somthing is wrong. I cant download data from my PACT to the pc. I open the timer browser and tell it to download.. I also put the timer into the correct mode and it says waiting for pc... the pc ask to name save as file and location and I do and then nothing happens. If (or when) I closes the save as dialog box I get a fault mesage that download aborted cause I closed the name file box...Any ideas on this? My description is most likely off a bit as it has ben 4 days since I tried this. Thank you.

41mag