Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone Else Have Problems With The Trojan?

Loves2Shoot

I got a Trojan for a customer and we were quite disappointed. The trigger rattled and was so poorly adjsted you had to pull VERY hard to drop the hammer. The thing wouldn't feed ANY ammo. I spent a couple hours making it right, but for the $1200 he spent you would think you would get a functional gun.

Is this a "built on a Friday" thing or has anyone else experienced this? I would rather build up something right than go in and fix up someone elses product. It is quite nice now, but for the $ he has into it now, I could have made him a nicer Caspian.

but for the $1200 he spent you would think you would get a functional gun.

You are exactly right, I've had 2 new factory STI's that were junk, so I got on the phone to Chris and he was more than happy to help, but still, I wont ever buy a factory STI again.

I know how to make a SS .40 work and I already fixed that, replaced the trigger components with EGW, reamed the chamber, tuned everything else and it is very sweet now.

I was just wondering if my expectations were too high or if there were others out there noticing the same things or if I got a lemon. The trigger was un-usable IMO, the gun didn't feed ammo from the factory mags unless you only loaded 3 round with several different types of ammo and bullet profiles, and then it was iffy to get them all to feed, and not at all with the Tripp mags.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

I have seen Lovestoshoots work. Very good. Exceptional, in fact. My standard procedure will be to send him any "new" gun I get for reliability work. I have an SVI widey that needed alot of work and may still need a new barrel fit as the rear bomar is as high as it will go , even with a low front site.

Barsto here I come.

Had a brand new one come in the shop about 2 weeks ago with a very hard trigger pull.

Simple fix, trigger bow was bent.

Others I have worked on looked to be very good pistols, but from everything I hear they are good or bad, seems to be little in between.