Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Washington State IDPA Championships

Duane Thomas

Just shot the WA IDPA Champs this past weekend, Saturday and Sunday. It was a great match. The stages were inventive and fun, with some stuff out there I've never seen before in a match, or even heard of. The SOs were tough but fair - strict but not abritrary. If they called "Cover" on you it was because you weren't using cover correctly; if you got a procedural it was because you earned it.

When all was said and done, yer 'umble servant here was the Washington State IDPA Champion in CDP. Enosverse regular TDean, aka Tom Dean, came in second in SSP, being beaten only by some low-down, bushwhackin' Texan who flew in from out of state to fire the match. Billyboy, aka Bill Boyer, was our lone wheelgunner. You're a better man that I, Gunga Bill. You couldn't pay me enough money to have fired that match with a round gun. This was NOT a revolver friendly match.

And we had a really cute stats chick, so Tom should be happy!

(Edited by Duane Thomas at 2:08 am on Aug. 21, 2002)

Definately a good looking stats chick!

Duane definately kicked butt in CDP....

But wait!! It's too bad we don't judge overall, especially since I was shooting my IPSC major 10mm loads in SSP!

If Bill Wilson would wake the hell up and include 10mm as "Major" then I would'a won the match!!

I'm dissapointed that my Glock 20 has been politically relegated to compete against 9mm's at 125PF.

This was my 2nd IDPA match. I don't really like the gray areas in IDPA, but I can play by their rules.  The attraction to this match was the $9,000 prize table, including 4 NIB Springfield pistols!.  There was a TRP, 38Super, GI.45 and that new polymer one.  

Rather than order of finish, IDPA mandates that prizes are awarded based on the time proven concept of drawing a name out of a hat  shucks!

I'll wear my new Hodgdon ball-cap proudly thank you...

http://wsidpac02.home.attbi.com/wsidpac_main.html

Hey, after coming in 1st CDP I got a Smith & Wesson cap, tiny (TINY) Swiss Army knife, and a size XL vest that looked like I was a 5-year old trying to wear his Daddy's clothes. Turned right around and sold that sucker to Zach Chadwick for thirty bucks. Whooo-hoo!

"If Bill Wilson would wake the hell up and include 10mm as "Major" then I would'a won the match!!  

I'm dissapointed that my Glock 20 has been politically relegated to compete against 9mm's at 125PF."

Hey Tom! Great shooting on your part out at the WA IDPA champs! Anyone who can outshoot Tom Kettels, even if it's by 0.53 second, has serious bragging rights. What's amazing here is that Tom D. and Tom K. were only firing their second and first IDPA matches respectively, and kicked ass on everyone except the aforementioned Master class dude.

Actually in IDPA there's no such thing as Major/Minor scoring. The bullet holes count the same no matter what caliber inflicted them. ESP, SSP, and SSR all have a 125,000 power floor (see, in IDPA they don't divide by 100, don't ask me why). The only cartridge/division that HAS to meet a higher pf is .45 ACP in CDP at 165,000. Again, don't ask me why. Probably because they don't want the ultimate, ahem! MANLY caliber to have its, um, potency diluted by wimp loads. We pause to knock back a healthy belt of testosterone. AH! Bracing!

I suspect this random drawing is why IDPA doesn't attract the best shooters an area has to offer?

Wait! I did get something,..I got a "SSP EXPERT STATE CHAMPION" certificate.  Maybe they should've raffled that off also;)

I'm not ragging on IDPA, heck those boys can be my wingman anytime....