Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just a Small Thing...

SiG Lady

No big deal, really, but the ramifications for the future are awesome: Started winter league (7 wks) season last Tuesday night and it wasn't until I got home later that I realized that I'd somehow totally discarded the "buzzer blues" (tension produced by time constraints in a shooting stage) and hadn't even--I mean not EVEN--thought about it once during the entire match! Jeez. The end result was a set of scores a good 20% higher than last fall's--with none of the misery! Needless to say I had more fun than usual.

Let's just see if I can keep this up.

Flx--

I manage to have fun AND kick serious tangible butt occasionally as well. And I suspect that the latter will become more gradually frequent as the weeks roll by... thereby increasing the intensity of the former.

Had a chat with the range owners today about this very thing. They think it's high time the long-term big dogs that shoot at this particular range have their a**es challenged by anybody that can rock their boats just enough to keep 'em honest--even ambitious little female newbies. Especially ambitious little female newbies.

;)

(Though I'll be the first to admit there are many more rungs on the ladder to climb first)......

Way to go SL.  There is absolutely nothing better than "schooling" the boys.

My favorite comment is "Wow, you shoot really good" after they've watched me shoot a stage.  Of course the comments are made not on my skill level, but because I'm a Grrl I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to say "why the surprise?  I've been practicing for 5 years, why wouldn't I be decent"

Hmmm... maybe you should try SAYING that to the next clown that makes that comment. See what happens. Though it depends on who's making the comment, of course.

God knows what the big dogs really say about me behind my back at the range, but they treat me upfront decent and fair ALL the time. Now, I'd say some more smart-aleck stuff here but Trey might be logged on and viewing and tell on me.

It's usually brand new shooters that don't know me, which is why I hold my tongue.  Don't want them to get to know the real me until they've been bitten bad by the bug ;0  Then I'll scare them off with my sarcasm and scathing with!!!!  (just kidding, of course I'm not a bitch - HA HA AHA HAAHA )