Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is "minor" Really Competitive?

markd

Kevin is right, but I did go cocked and locked. :P

BTW, to spur the discussion a little, at the last major match I shot, I was 95% of the Limited winner if you put my Prod hf's into Limited. And the Limited winner was no slouch....

Would you go minor against Dave shooting Major?

BTW, to spur the discussion a little, at the last major match I shot, I was 95% of the Limited winner if you put my Prod hf's into Limited. And the Limited winner was no slouch....

I would... but thats only because I would get creamed either way. :D

Yes I would. And after that happens, ask me again. :D

You can Steve.RLT uses Shooting Star in her Springfield 9mm .You may have to tinker some ? It will feed most any OAL .

Dale

I don't doubt there are a few people who have tinkered around and managed to get marginally acceptable reliability using 9mm ammo in 10-round .38 Super mags.....but I really don't think it's all that viable for most shooters. The real problem is the tapered design of the 9mm cartridge--they're wider at the back--by the time you stack that 10th round in the mag, it's pointing far enough downward that there are inherent feed problems. Lots of people have played with this, most have abandoned the concept. There's a reason why everybody's 10-round 9mm 1911 mag design (Wilson, Metalform, Tripp, you name it) remains on the drawing board.

Stacking and OAL. The short 9mm in a tube designed for the .45ACP/.38 Super is not a happy combo. If clever people like Chip and Sandy have problems, then the rest of us fussing around "tuning" mags are out of our depth.

If I absolutley had ot have ten rounds per in a single stock,it'd be .38 Super. In 9mm, I'll settle for nine each and reliable.

In any case, as the scoring is structured, and stages designed, shooting Minor is a Sysiphean task.