Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arrogant Stupid Tourists

Ted Murphy

If I remember correctly isn't there a movie set of the Alamo outside of town? Weird thing is the Movie set had a fee, the real Alamo was free!

As for "touristas" I spent a few months inthe Eastern Caribean after a hurricane a few years back doing some rebuilding. There were people from all over the world, the two worst groups as I remember it were the French and at a distant second the average American. It seems like a lot of people forget they are a guest in someone else's home when they travel. It can be embarrasing to watch the behaviour of some people.

Jim

Hey, they have mulitple shootings almost each hour in Houston...I am sure SA is similar...the theft and drug problems make it mandatory to go armed when out among them...

Not kidding...

<_< WEll I just said ... :P Downtown not the entire SA area. I would have to use a club shot timer :huh: to keep up with a city average.

The best protection I can think of is tapeing a target to my shirt. If they shoot AT me I am going to be ok, it just all the stuff around me that will get hit.

;) just kidding = B)

Hey, they have mulitple shootings almost each hour in Houston...I am sure SA is similar...the theft and drug problems make it mandatory to go armed when out among them...

Not kidding...

<_< WEll I just said ... :P Downtown not the entire SA area. I would have to use a club shot timer :huh: to keep up with a city average.

The best protection I can think of is tapeing a target to my shirt. If they shoot AT me I am going to be ok, it just all the stuff around me that will get hit.

;) just kidding = B)

Sounds like one of our local PD's. if you ever get in a shoot out with them your best strategy is to run straight towards or away from them. if you zig zag you might catch a stray round. lol (not really kidding on this)

If I remember correctly isn't there a movie set of the Alamo outside of town? Weird thing is the Movie set had a fee, the real Alamo was free!

Jim

They built one outside of Austin for the latest movie, in terrain nothing like the original (there is a cliff line not far from the set-- we'd go rock climbing there and peek over the edge to see what was going on). They torched that one for the movie, so there's not much left to look at.

For a while CHL was verboten at the Alamo. :unsure::angry: I don't know if it still is.