Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Registering Juniors With Uspsa

Navy87Guy

My 16-yr old son wants to start shooting with me. I was going to sign him up online for a membership but then I saw the statement you have to click that says "According to the legal requirement of the United States are you able to purchase and possess firearms? " Well, the answer for him is "no". But I also didn't see anywhere to specify that this is a membership for a junior member.

Also, I assume that you just sign kids up as an associate member? I didn't see any special category for juniors.

Has anyone registered their kids online -- and does it work? I can see this getting rejected when it gets processed.

Thanks for any insights!

Jim

My 16-yr old son wants to start shooting with me. I was going to sign him up online for a membership but then I saw the statement you have to click that says "According to the legal requirement of the United States are you able to purchase and possess firearms? " Well, the answer for him is "no". But I also didn't see anywhere to specify that this is a membership for a junior member.

Also, I assume that you just sign kids up as an associate member? I didn't see any special category for juniors.

Has anyone registered their kids online -- and does it work? I can see this getting rejected when it gets processed.

Thanks for any insights!

Jim

I do not think there is a junior membership. Since you are already a member then go for the associate membership which is just without front site mag. You should also check out the junior USPSA website www.uspsa-juniors.org. There is a link there in which you can register him in the junior program. Check out the junior camp info and other stuff just for juniors.

MDA