Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

U Of Florida Medical Center (shands Hospital)

Bwana Six-Gun

I just got back from U of F med ctr (shands Hosp) where they did open heart surgery on my dad. He is 86 years young and they did a triple bypass as well as a Stint Graft for an arterial anyeurism (spelling?). If ever there was a more caring bunch of people, I haven't met them. The doctors on the team that operated on my dad worked on him from 6:00PM Tuesday night until 4:30AM Wednesday morning and then were back at it again by noon on wednesday. The nurses were all incredible. They knew our names and whenever there was a question they found us an answer. When I left, those that were on duty who had been with my dad gave me a hug and assured me that they would take care of him and he would be alright. If you ever have to have heart surgery, try to get sent to these people. They are the greatest!!!!!!

PS: he is doing well and they think he will amke a full recovery.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

• 1 month later...

Just got the latest update from Florida. After many setbacks, (too numerous to mention), my dad is breathing on his own, spent two hours sitting up in a chair today and if things keep going like they are, going to be moving him out of the ICU in a few days. After over two months in the ICU you can't imagine how good that is. Life is sweet!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Just got the latest update from Florida. After many setbacks, (too numerous to mention), my dad is breathing on his own, spent two hours sitting up in a chair today and if things keep going like they are, going to be moving him out of the ICU in a few days. After over two months in the ICU you can't imagine how good that is. Life is sweet!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Great news.... :)

I am going to call my Dad now. ;)

Just got a call tonight with what turned out to be the best birthday present I could ever have. My dad is out of the ICU and in a regular room. All the tubes are out of him and he is pestering the nurses for when he can go home and start playing golf. Life doesn't get any better than this. :D:D:D:D