Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster / Belt / Mag Holders

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this sport. In fact, I haven't shot my first match yet. I have, however, went and watched a few and talked to the local contact about rules & things to do to get started.

So, first order of business is to get a Holster, Belt and Mag holders for my Witness. Both of them are the newer full-sized frame. A Witness Elite Match and Elite Stock.

I've decided to shoot in Limited 10. My two Witnesses have some modifications and are SAO.

Anyways, if you know of a good Witness holster, etc, anything input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by 5252

I really like the Blade-Tech DOH for all games and guns. There will be an overwhelming agreement to go with a CR Speed inner-outer belt. As for the mag holders, I shoot alot of three gun so I stick with double mag pouches of any kind (using Uncle Mikes right now) but I hear the Blade-Tech are great as well. Alot of folks like the CR Speed or Garcias Universal Shooting Academy ones because you can cant them to match your arm angle when you grab them. Look at Brians site or Matt Burkett's site and you can see what they wear for pouches.

Hope that helps and have fun fun fun when you shoot.

Mike

Thanks, guys.

CR Speed - Hi-Torque Belt

Blade-Tech DOH Dropped & Offset Holster

And I'll probably just get one two-mag Blade-Tech mag holder.

Think that'll cover it?

Is there a preferred/cheap place to buy these?

Thanks again.

Edited by 5252

Thanks, guys.

CR Speed - Hi-Torque Belt

Blade-Tech DOH Dropped & Offset Holster

And I'll probably just get one two-mag Blade-Tech mag holder.

Think that'll cover it?

Is there a preferred/cheap place to buy these?

Thanks again.

Nope, that won't cover it. By the rules, a USPSA stage can be up to 32 rounds (min :rolleyes: ). One mag in the gun (+1 round in the chamber) + 2 10 rounders on belt will leave you one round shy! You will want at least 4 mags on the belt. Sometimes it is to your advantage to do a reload early just because the way the stage is set up. And sometimes we make mistakes. <_< Take a look at what other L-10 / Production shooters are wearing. You will see anywhere between 4-6 mags.

Have fun!

Chuck

Thanks for the heads up on the mag pouches - yes indeed I'll need 4 minimum. Most of the local guys had four or more at the match.

Since it seems to be an option on all the accessories, could somebody explain the advantage of TekLok and wheter it's a good idea to go that route?

To be perfectly honest, Tech lock is great if you shoot 3-gun and reconfigure your belt during a match. It also holds the holster and mag holders a little tighter on Safariland belt systems, and the instructor type belts. If you go with the CR belt system, you don't really need it, but if you get it now, once you get bit by the 3-gun bug, you won't have to reconfigure them later! :D

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, for crying out loud. Your new? and you've been going to matchs, but not shooting?

Go to your local sporting goods store and buy a kydex holster, a couple of 2-up kydex mag pouches. Get a leather belt at K-mart. The GO SHOOT!

Don't get caught up in all the fancy gear until you get some matches under your belt (pun intended).

• 1 month later...
Oh, for crying out loud. Your new? and you've been going to matchs, but not shooting?

Go to your local sporting goods store and buy a kydex holster, a couple of 2-up kydex mag pouches. Get a leather belt at K-mart. The GO SHOOT!

Don't get caught up in all the fancy gear until you get some matches under your belt (pun intended).

OR buy once, cry once and get the good stuff. B)