Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Limited: USPSA Limited-legal?

Detlef

I finally extricated this thread from *shooting prone*:

Yes, thread drift is TERRIBLE! But...US rules for Limited just say the *complete handgun* must have been available to the *general public* (not *general public from dealerships in the USA*), *for one year* and *500 or more made*. I would think the Tanfoglio Grauffel shoots will meet all these criteria, n'est ce pas? Julien? Pat?

In fact, the gun creteria for IPSC Standard Division are more stringent than those for USPSA Limited, and I can't think of a single Standard-legal gun that wouldn't be Limited-legal also *except* those that were made in less than 500 pieces, or were not available for at least one year.

--Detlef

(Edited by Detlef at 4:18 pm on Sep. 4, 2001)

Of course, the tanfos are legal in standard division (and so in limited ).

I heard they (tanfoglio) have a contract for 9000 pistols per month for south east Asia ! ! !

I think the "500" rule is not a problem for them !

Eric Grauffel will shoot the french standard national few days before the US nats with one of those pistols.

In France, near half of the shooters uses tanfos in standard division, others shoots glocks, SV, Para, SPS, winfield, Bul ...

Congratulations for your french detlef .

DVC

Julien

DOH! I contributed to thread drift and then I saw this new thread. The rule doesn't restrict Limited guns to those availabile in the U.S.

Wanna bet if Eric wins Limited the equipment rule will change?

Pat, yes. I've seen him open his can of whoop ass with his Open gun, but I don't know of him shooting Limited at any big US matches.

I agree with detlef about the limited race.

Remind that Todd finished 3rd overall at the Florida open, shooting his limited gun.

Eric is a great shooter, but I think he's not as good as with his open gun.

We'll wait a couple of weeks and see.

This weekend , it's our standard and revolver national, I'll see if he's in great shape and ready to race !

DVC

Julien

• 6 months later...

The tanfoglio looks like a EAA Witness. Is the EAA limited version in .40 legal in IDPA. I have one I use to shoot in IPSC years ago. I bought a EAA .45 to shoot (cause it was real cheap) in IDPA  a couple of months ago cause the guys here said  my limited EAA version was as illegal to shoot  in IDPA as my bull barrel STI. Was I mislead?

Bill S

Thanks for the reply. Wild West Guns built it for me back in 92/93 (can't remember for sure) just before EAA started selling them in that configuration. I was just at the EAA website a min. ago and saw them still for sale.  http://www.eaacorp.com

I would really like to know for sure if the limited version is legal as the upcoming IDPA match is a classifier and I like the sights on it better (Bo Mar) than the sights on this EAA .45. This way I can shoot both guns and get classified for CDP and shoot twice as much......

Billf