Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ripped Off

Merlin Orr

I bought the Sig in a face to face deal. Never wrote down the serial number. I have been told that it will be impossible to recover even if it is found as I have no way to "prove" it is my gun....

The insurance company is also saying - as much as - it will be looked at by "management" as I have no serial number to put on my paperwork. :wacko:

MERLIN ORR - you know better - everyone right now make sure your serial numbers are logged in at least 2 places, and neither of those places should be in the safe with the guns!

And take digital pictures. You can lay out a bunch of guns, take one picture with a good digital and zoom in enough to read serial numbers. The insurance companies like pictures...

I bought the Sig in a face to face deal. Never wrote down the serial number. I have been told that it will be impossible to recover even if it is found as I have no way to "prove" it is my gun....

The insurance company is also saying - as much as - it will be looked at by "management" as I have no serial number to put on my paperwork. :wacko:

MERLIN ORR - you know better - everyone right now make sure your serial numbers are logged in at least 2 places, and neither of those places should be in the safe with the guns!

But, but, but........ :blink:

And take digital pictures. You can lay out a bunch of guns, take one picture with a good digital and zoom in enough to read serial numbers. The insurance companies like pictures...

One would think I would know all of this, Huh? :(

That really bites the big one...at least as far s the gun goes it is completely replaceable and not a one of a kind custom gun.

How about the laptop ...did you have vitail none replacable info stored in it?

I had a car stolen once...well it was my wife car ...we did not lose a gun but the whole event was such a hassel and so very violating at the same time.

BTW what was the make of your vehicle ? At least it was not scatched or dented in the process.

Sorry for your loss ...