Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weak Hand Slipping Off

Matt Griffin

Sometimes due to recoil, and typically due to sweating, my weak hand works itself down my strong hand, until my grip is shot.

I've only recently started using Brian's steer-with-the-weak-hand approach, and while I love the results and the feel, I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong, or not putting tension in some direction.

So, for those who also use this grip, was it shaky when you started? Do you add upward or rearward pressure to stay on? Maybe some stickum?

H.

What Flex said. Try to work on the technique first. Progrip is good stuff, but I personally would want that as my final solution for a bad weak hand grip.

I've had the same problem and just analyzed my grip until I got it right. Todd Jarrets vid certainly helps.

Do you experience the weak hand slipping off more during slow fire, or also during fast shots? What kind of gun do you shoot? Do you have big or small hands?

What Flex said. Try to work on the technique first. Progrip is good stuff, but I personally would want that as my final solution for a bad weak hand grip.

I've had the same problem and just analyzed my grip until I got it right. Todd Jarrets vid certainly helps.

Do you experience the weak hand slipping off more during slow fire, or also during fast shots? What kind of gun do you shoot? Do you have big or small hands?

First, re: grip tape. I already have applied it to the weak side grip, so I get good contact.

I'm medium-large handed, shooting a Glock. However, the loss of contact is coming finger-to-finger, not where my palm contacts the grip. I lose it during big transitions, reloads, and hosing, so I guess it's just a matter of technique. Offhand, I'd say I'm probably moving my hands out of sync, causing them to come apart on the transitions.

In fact, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that's what is happening, I'm losing tension during big transitions and my hands are just coming apart. I need to start moving the whole turret unit, not the individual pieces. Usually once I settle down again, I can rip off an entire mag without losing the grip. I'm probably making big movements with my hands instead of my hips or shoulders.

Thanks for leading me down the path, fellas.

H.