Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hands Naturally At Sides

45gunner

Start Position: Right hand on mouse.

Procedure: Upon thinking of question, move cursor to the SEARCH button, activate ADVANCED search. Define search parameters and engage search.

Penalties: One FTDR for failing to properly execute a search.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Start Position: Right hand on mouse.

Procedure: Upon thinking of question, move cursor to the SEARCH button, activate ADVANCED search. Define search parameters and engage search.

NO!!!! I've received the FTSR penalty!!!! Thats "Failure to Search Right" my match is OVER!!!!

I guess I need a tutorial because I can't find anything with the new search.

Edited by steel1212

On a couple of occasions when people tried to say their hunched-up posture was natural, I said that if I ever saw them like that away from the range they'd have an apology coming. Until then, clean it up and let's get going!

It wasn't so much their body posture that I saw it was their hand/arm position. One had their weak hand bent almost to their midline, the other was out in front of their weak side leg.

I've actually had people get mad at me for telling them "your hands are not relaxed at sides" ...... which only exacerbates the tension in their body by the time the buzzer goes off.

Me too ... But then, it's THEIR lack of knowledge and understanding of the rule(s) that's at issue.

The videos I was watching wasn't local level videos.

For certain ... But I believe the problem originates at the local level where virtually no one challenges an "illegal" start position. This is where people get into bad habits.

Hands naturally at sides starts and facing uprange starts have (are)pretty simple instructions. It's annoying when the shooter who wants to argue these very simple start positions wastes my time as a squadmate.

[...]

Not just simple ... BOTH are clearly defined in the rule book. If they want to argue, have them retire from the start position and send them to look up 8.2.2, App E3, and the Glossary (for "Facing Up Range"). Until they're called to task for it, they will continue to violate the rules.

I know ... I'm talking like a rules NAZI ... Sorry. But if we really want to stop such practices then a whole BUNCH of shooters have to be re-educated! However, I must agree with Corey - I really think a scrunched up, bent over start position usually does more harm than good!

TEACHER TEACHER TEACHER!!! Flex sed a bad thinn, needz his mouff warshed out with soap for that one. :roflol:

I am glad they did away with that rule, it was in total conflict with the freestyle nature of our game as I see it. Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Joe W.