Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match Vendor Areas or Tents

Vince Pinto

Vince,

How about, "no ammo on the same table as the guns" in addition to not handling both simultaneously.  A little physical separation might provide some security.  Or, maybe not.

FWIW, I think it's a valid issue & should be clearly addressed in the rulebook.  Thanks for your effort!!!

E

Thanks for the support guys and for the constructive suggestions.

Yes, maybe ammo and guns on separate tables would work too.

I don't know enough about vendor areas in the USA but I guess the vast majority of vendors would probably be selling either guns or ammo, not both.

However I think that once we've given everyone some guidance, we'll all be much better off.

In a way, it's similar to safety areas. Most of us go inside them with our loaded magazines, but we know not to handle them inside as we handle our guns.

It would be too hard to adopt the Shot Show rule for firearms on display.  Have the vendor pull the firing pin out of the dsiplay guns.  Then put a tag on it that declares the gun to be approved.  It take less than a minute to do that.

As for competitor's guns, let the vendors be the RO and decide what is safe.  Afterall, they are the ones standing in front of you if you need to give them your gun.

I dont really see that there is a proplem with ammo. In the many matches that i have been here in the US i cant recall ever seeing loaded ammo in the vendors area. Components yes but ammo no. I do however think that there should be some gide lines for the vendor area regarding guns.  Its a really uncomfrotable feeling being swept by the muzzle of a gun across the chest.

Erik-