Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Future Of Uspsa Revolver Division

Carmoney

I would just like to make a few clarifications to my previous post.

"But saying a revolver is not "Combat" ready? Brother, I live in Tulsa. We made the top 10 violent cities last year with a record homicide rate. We are on our way again."

I didn't say that revolvers are not viable combat weapons. They are.

Police and military have been proving that since before the civil war.

I am only saying that in action pistol competition (not combat, competition), the wheel guns are handicapped by the 6 round capacity. If anyone wants to dispute that point, go ahead.

But I'm willing to pretend the targets aren't shooting back while they clear a jam anyway.

If you think a revolver can't jam, you are kidding yourself.

It doesn't happen that often but it does happen.

I once had a soft primer blow back into the firing pin hole and the cylinder locked up like it was welded.

It was a jam that couldn't be cleared without a hammer.

If you mentioned the "sport" as being related to "Close Combat", there would be heart attacks coast to coast.

This is true.

However, I am not one to dance around the facts.

As I understand it, this sport was born when someone decided it would be fun to take a combat course from the training arena and turn it into a sport.

It is what it is.

I am sick of pandering to people that wet their pants when you say the word "gun".

Wheelies, 1911's, Open guns, I love 'em all........and the folks that come out to shoot them. :wub:

All of them. ;)

Tony

Edited by tlshores

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I loved the previous post. Actually, a

thoughtful intelligent guy. He probably shoots for the same reason I do.

I'm a police officer. I have always looked at shooting as a martial art.

We are damn lucky we are not shooting the gay no-head targets.

It is always the man - it is never the gun.

Im' with you on the "It's always the man - it is never the gun" thing.

But you got to learn to enjoy the gay no-head/no-hit targets. Makes you really bring hits closeer. No more of those nipper, D- zone hits on the shoulders and the A-zone is a lot tighter.

Just as long as we all accept the fact that those targets really are gay......not that that is necessarily a bad thing

Okay, I loved the previous post. Actually, a

thoughtful intelligent guy. He probably shoots for the same reason I do.

I'm a police officer. I have always looked at shooting as a martial art.

We are damn lucky we are not shooting the gay no-head targets.

It is always the man - it is never the gun.

Im' with you on the "It's always the man - it is never the gun" thing.

But you got to learn to enjoy the gay no-head/no-hit targets. Makes you really bring hits closeer. No more of those nipper, D- zone hits on the shoulders and the A-zone is a lot tighter.

Just as long as we all accept the fact that those targets really are gay......not that that is necessarily a bad thing

If it's an issue - cool. From now on the amoeba targets are gay. They are still a tough target.

Tony,

Sorry, I already gave you too hard of a time. I don't want to dispute you. I don't feel handicapped with a revolver though. I usually only compete against other revolver shooters.

Overall, I'm just ignorant on why its better to eliminate Divisions. I'm sure there is a logical reason but it hasn't really been addressed to my satisfaction yet. Its really such a fun sport, seems a shame to overlook obvious dramatic technical differences in guns.

I look forward to adding a dot sight and competing in Open very soon. I'm still excited about beating my first Open shooter at my last match. That did take practice. Ofcourse they do have a lot of reasons why the gun won't work right. Hopefully they don't feel handicapped either. They can just focus on the high tech guns and pretend my little cylinder thingie isn't really a gun either. Were not technically in the same Division, yet.

:-)

But if participation is too low to keep a Division than I suppose thats just the way it is.

You didn't give me a hard time and I hope I didn't come across as defensive.

I just wanted to be clear about what I was trying to say.

Nobody is handicapped by shooting a revolver against other revolvers.

That's the whole point of having different divisions.

If you're going to take on the open gunners head to head with your wheelie its going to be pretty tough.

Especially on a COF where you have to reload 3 times and they don't have to reload at all.

There are some really skilled and dedicated people that shoot in Revolver division and I have nothing but respect for them.

I hope you guys are around for a long time.

Tls