Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition Revo Class For Newbies

Randy Lee

Randy,

Any possiblity of doing a course in the Sunny Southeast? And have you talked to Dave?

Robo,

If the first classes are successful (by that I mean attendees feel that the course helped them in their progress), I would definitely consider taking the show on the road.

It's a matter of interest- I'm not Jerry. His classes will fill almost immediately whereas my credentials are only known in small circles.

But as the saying goes, those who can't do-teach. :)

I believe I am a decent instructor.

Underlug, trust me, the last thing anybody wants to see is a revolversmith without clothes...ewww!

The times are definitely changing. Springfield Armory, Armscor and Smith autos on the IRC prize table- who'd a thought.

I don't believe SIGARMS has any particular interest in the revolver market. They sponsor some pretty big matches (Steel Challenge comes to mind) though. Having a revolver competition class added to their Academy lineup increases their reputation for diverse training.

It is rather trendsetting, and speaks volumes for unbiased support of handgun shooting sports by SIGARMS. I also have to believe that for many first time gun owners (revolver owners that is) who are just starting out in run n' gun activities will be enticed to try shooting and ultimately buying an auto. I know that was true of my beginnings.

Besides, I'm jonesing for an X-5. :D

I was thinking that if you could get Lisa on board, attendance might increase

Lisa will be there sporting a Shooting Gallery duck on her back pocket and lovely Hearthco moonclip earrings.

I'll ask her about the clothing optional part.

For the San Luis Obispo class- I'm looking into pricing now.

Edited by Randy Lee

Randy, after you dominate at the nationals, I'm sure you will be a household name...

I think I'm already a houshold name...@#$@Randy! Is my gun ready yet???!!! Spouses also curse my name when they see the "Randy Lee" in their husband's check register.

"I think I'm already a houshold name...@#$@Randy! Is my gun ready yet???!!! Spouses also curse my name when they see the "Randy Lee" in their husband's check register."

Randy, I' love to come----especially if you promise to bring some of my guns so I can shoot em! I am getting a hip replacement in late Oct. so it depends on the date. I think it is a great thing! Chris

I thought "Apex" was a home improvement mail-order warehouse?????

Edited by festus1

Chris,

Two revos headed your way next week :D

For those interested in the West Coast course:

For the course held at the Hogue Action Pistol Range in Morro Bay, CA, the proposed dates are Friday October 6th and Saturday the 7th.

The fee for THIS class will be $250.00 for 2 days.

Lisa and I will be donating our time, and all proceeds will be going to the San Luis Obispo Sportsman's Association for range improvements.

Friday will be a full day of shooter diagnostics(video breakdown and analysis of each participant), technique reinforcing drills and the like.

Saturday, we will be shooting as a large but efficient squad at our local IDPA match. This will allow us to look at stage breakdown and mangement as it pertains to revolver competitors. Post match Q&A and video after the match.

Lisa and I hope the course will be fun as well as beneficial

• 1 month later...

[

You mean like the "Performance Center Guns" the S&W guys laid out on the table at the 2004 Steel Challenge (about 15 feet from Randy Lee's table, ironically)?....judas priest I've seen Swingline staple guns that had better actions than the stuff the factory thinks is good.

I've got one of the PowerShot brushed aluminum staplers that I was thinking of sending down to Randy for a level 4 job...

I'd go to a seminar if Lisa was teaching, maybe S&W will do one and let Julie instruct...

Randy could do a segment on "what not to do to your gun"

and I could see the Master of the Universe teaching "Zen and your moon clip"

yup, sounds like fun

well back to shooting poorly, it makes danbagger look good...

mikey

Guys we don't have to wait for a GM to host a Revo Class.

I gave one here a month ago, had only 3 participants but have been asked to work with a larger group at another club. Trying to get myself together and see to it.

I took out 3 Revo's with different triggers. Loads, Gear, Mooning/De-Mooning Gear, etc... I spent 3 hours and "Barely" touched on actual shooting techniques.

Most Newbies are interested in the gear and basic shooting techniques. Letting them try some of the stuff and get a feel will help our cause greatly. If they have any experience with Revo's they will be interested in the tactics and techniques we use for competition. But, you gotta get them to stand up, before they run a course.

Take the time and set up something locally. Just don't be upset if some hot shot picks up your Revo and does better than you. It will happen at some time. Who knows maybe the next JM is lurking at your club.