Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Versa Pouch

glockadict

I am still a new guy to the gun games. I have a CR Speed setup, and I was wondering if the versa pouches are supposed to be able to move around on the belt. The holster is nice, and snug, but the pouches have some play in them. I can slide them back and forth pretty easliy. I realize they have two different systems that attach them to the belt. Just wondering if the play in the pouches is normal. Thanks in advance.

Edited by glockadict

I am still a new guy to the gun games. I have a CR Speed setup, and I was wondering if the versa pouches are supposed to be able to move around on the belt. The holster is nice, and snug, but the pouches have some play in them. I can slide them back and forth pretty easliy. I realize they have two different systems that attach them to the belt. Just wondering if the play in the pouches is normal. Thanks in advance.

Mine move as well, and most others I have spoken to get the same. I don't mind as it allows me to adjust slightly the position of the holders if I don't put the outer belt on perfectly.

Some people have used velcro or some sort of wedge to hold them in place, I think cable ties may help as well. Once the outer belt is secured against the inner properly there shouldn't be too much movement anyway.

Cheers

ACE Hardware and Lowes both have packages of velcro that is heavy duty and sticks well.

Just put a piece on the back of each mag pouch and it will lock to the inner belt, allowing no movement. Leaving them loose like Nick H is another option, but the pouches move around a little too much for my liking.

I have 1 CR Speed pouch on both my Limited rigs for my barney mag. I use velcro on those and the 773s I use for my other mags because I want max velcro contact between the two belts.

There is an "L" shaped wedge about 1/4" wide and 2" long

that you slide between the bottom of the belt and the pouch.

This locks the pouch to the belt very nicely.

Hope this helps. :)

+1 on the wedge. I also use velro on the inside surface of the pouches and holster. Even though they don't slide around. This helps hold the rig to the innerbelt for a more secure set-up. Especially when you have 4 magazines loaded to 20 rounds on your belt! :blink:

I did the velcro trick...but I took it to the next level too. I've got a safariland inner/outer belt. I put the hook velcro pieces on the INSIDE of the surface of the pouch....then placed a piece of heavy clear mylar over the hook velcro...then slid the pouch onto the belt and positioned them where I wanted the...then yanked the mylar out. Those things aren't going anywhere now! :)

Thanks for the help. It's pretty funny, right after I posted this thread, I found the wedges in the box. They do work. I think I am going to try the velcro also. It seems like a good trick. Thanks again for the help. My next question is what is the fastest way to make Grand Master? :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by glockadict

+1 on what SteveZ did. Doesn't move at all unless you yank the mag holder REALLY hard.

As for the wedges, i don't use them. Just another small piece to lose when you need it the most. Damn that Mr. Murphy.......

Edited by yoshidaex

There is an "L" shaped wedge about 1/4" wide and 2" long

that you slide between the bottom of the belt and the pouch.

This locks the pouch to the belt very nicely.

Hope this helps. :)

So that's what they are for! Guess I should RTFM

It wouldn't help Nebraskan. I just got some new versa-pouches and looked all over the manual and couldn't figure out what those wedges were for! Steve, how are you going to remove your single stack pouches when you switch to Limited? Sounds like they'd be locked on there pretty good.

Steve, how are you going to remove your single stack pouches when you switch to Limited? Sounds like they'd be locked on there pretty good.

Single Stack??? Whats that? :D

Actually when I shoot single stack, I use a traditional Hellweg belt and put my mag pouches all over it. However now that I'm shooting Limited....I have no intention of going back to single stack. The more I read about Single Stack and L10 on the active threads running right now...the more I think I made the right decision at the right time.

Shooting Limited is a blast!