Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What To Do About Mounting Docter Sight?

jdr724

I'm sure the lack of Docter mounts is no suprise to anyone who has one. Unfortunately, I just got a brand new sight and was told the mount was also available. When I got the sight, there was a note explaining the lack of an AR flattop mount.

Long story short, I'm hoping there is a base in a members safe which is collecting dust. O.B. 1 Kenobie, your my only hope!!!!!!

Sincerely,

JohnR

I'm sure the lack of Docter mounts is no suprise to anyone who has one. Unfortunately, I just got a brand new sight and was told the mount was also available. When I got the sight, there was a note explaining the lack of an AR flattop mount.

Long story short, I'm hoping there is a base in a members safe which is collecting dust. O.B. 1 Kenobie, your my only hope!!!!!!

Sincerely,

JohnR

been looking for one for many months no-they are no longer to be found for a pic rail or weaver base. ended up drilling/tapping a YHM dovetail angle mount to do it...

I don't think it will. Calling JP would be your best bet there.

I'd look at Matt Burkett's mount before doing anything else.

I'm going to be bugging him at the Nat's to take a look at it. I'll be running a JPoint on top of my TA01NSN, but might switch to either the Burkett mount, or the JPoint mounted out on the handguard. I'm going to play with both and see.

Rich

Recently I got a call from Brownells to tell me that a four month backorder for one of these Docter bases had arrived ... do you still want it? You mean "only one" arrived????? :o Of course I wanted it. Now I could finish that project gathering dust in my safe.

While the side by side bolt mounting spacing is similar for the Optima/JPoint and the Docter, their body lenght differs greatly. The Docter sight will overhang considerably in an Optima/Jpoint base. If this is not a problem then it can be done, providing you do not rely on the pin registration (if the base has them) to anchor the sight and maintain zero when changing batteries.