Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My First Dq

sandman_sy

Last weekend, a bunch of us went to another city to compete in a Level 1 competition. :lol:

As far as i'm concerned, on the first few stages, i was doing well, not too good(had 1 PE) but still fast and good hits.

Here comes the 4th stage i was about to shoot. As i ran through the course, it never occured to me to check the safety of my reload. It was a course where you have to run towards the left, being right handed, it was prone to being 180, especially when you combine running and reloading...... *sigh* <_< (wish i tought of that)

Shooter, load and make ready..... Standby.... *beep*

a whole lot of bang later(16 shots... still can remember it :blink: ) SSSTTTTOOOOOPPPPP!

broke the 180 rule, while reloading and turning to run towards left..... heheh, Lesson to be learned.

end of story, i'm now a member of the BROTHERHOOD OF DQed SHOOTERS!!!! hahahahahahahah :lol:

I did the EXACT same thing earlier this year. I had drivin 2 hours 45 minutes to get to the match, only to be the second shooter on the first stage. 14 shots-moving left-reload-"STOP"

Needless to say the "F" word quietly excaped my lips. I appologized to my squad, packed up my gear and drove home.

Yes, indeed. Welcome to the other side.

My first DQ happened at Paper and Iron. First stage, between the first and second strings. I reloaded, thought I holstered. As soon as my hand left the gun, it dumped onto the ground. It wouldn't have been so bad if the gun had been mine and hadn't been so pretty. Digging dirt out of that gun later was a chore. (Hadn't discovered Carb Cleaner yet. ;) ) Buggers. Got to work the rest of the match.

Fast forward about six months, September 11 had happened. Hubby was off having fun in the sun and sand. :P I went to the Shirley Skinner Benefit Match in Waco, TX. Next to the last stage in the rain, me feeling like complete garbage, replay. Darn. I drove home to Mom's house and got there a few hours earlier than anticipated. That sucked.

Haven't DQ'd since. Don't plan to. Very careful about reholstering now. :)

Liota