Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 24 Holster For Limited

Dustdevil21

I am buying a G24 from another member here and am looking for a holster to use. Since most of the ones I am finding are over $100 bucks, I thought I would ask to see what others are using. I have found the ghost-holster, CR Speed WS model, and Hogue's Powerspeed. ( I tried going throught the holster manufactures list, but it is time consuming, I would put an add on the classified sections but not enough posts yet to qualify :( )

Also, anyone know if you can buy just the outer CR Speed belt? It would be nice to have a second outer belt to keep my production gear on and not have to change it out.

Great site, I am somewhat new to the USPSA world, and have been absorbing as much info as I can from here.

Thanks

Doug

Pretty sure the belt comes as a set only. No big deal, just get another belt set and switch up rigs as needed. DON'T try to switch gear just using the same belt all the time. It's hard on your gear, and you will quickly decide to just get another belt anyway. As for the holster, I use a CR Speed WSM with my 24, and love it. Others really like their Ghosts. Don't get the Hogue. I have one and don't use it any more. It works, but compared to the WSM it's BLA.

Bladetech Dropped Offset.

Not a "race holster" like the others you mention, but still a great holster, and I see people drawing out of them just as fast.

And only $60

with that super long gun, i would avoid a full holster...thats a lot of gun to clear leather with.

For my g24, i use the Ghost Ultimate holster...It the fastest holster made, period~!

I would spend the cash on the ghost and SHOOT!

Bladetech Dropped Offset.

Not a "race holster" like the others you mention, but still a great holster, and I see people drawing out of them just as fast.

And only $60

I'm pretty sure Blade-Tech doesn't offer the DOH for the G24, and even DOH you might end up with your thumb in your arm-pit before clearing :blink:

Edited by SA Friday

I recently got the Hogue for a great price, and the negative press is a bit overblown, IMHO. On a Glock, the magnets offer pretty good retention, and the way the holster is made (think erector set) allows for a remarkably wide range of configuration. I wouldn't use the full race (magnets only) mode for anything but a standing draw, but I've found that if you ignore the manual's advice and leave the trigger guard part a bit narrow, it grabs the guard nicely. My 35 passes all jump tests in full-race mode if I use four spacers and no washers.

The semi-race seems to be the correct compromise for safety, the gun is going nowhere in this mode, and you can rip it free if you miss the release. Most complaints seem to be with diligence in locking the gun between stages, not during the stage.

H.

I recently got the Hogue for a great price, and the negative press is a bit overblown, IMHO. On a Glock, the magnets offer pretty good retention, and the way the holster is made (think erector set) allows for a remarkably wide range of configuration. I wouldn't use the full race (magnets only) mode for anything but a standing draw, but I've found that if you ignore the manual's advice and leave the trigger guard part a bit narrow, it grabs the guard nicely. My 35 passes all jump tests in full-race mode if I use four spacers and no washers.

The semi-race seems to be the correct compromise for safety, the gun is going nowhere in this mode, and you can rip it free if you miss the release. Most complaints seem to be with diligence in locking the gun between stages, not during the stage.

H.

+1 on the Houge, I have no complaints with mine. Practice makes perfect and I have no complaints with the retention. I have even used it on some 3gun matches and the retention is great. Release is easy to hit but is secure when activated.

Brian sells the Safariland 007 for G17L/G24. It's an old [good] design, from back when Safariland made holsters that did NOT dump your gun at the slightest bump.

$65

http://www.brianenos.com/store/safariland.html#holsters

Not sure how well it works with CR Speed belts, I think the velcro may be reversed from one brand to the other.

Brian sells the Safariland 007 for G17L/G24. It's an old [good] design, from back when Safariland made holsters that did NOT dump your gun at the slightest bump.

$65

http://www.brianenos.com/store/safariland.html#holsters

Not sure how well it works with CR Speed belts, I think the velcro may be reversed from one brand to the other.

Should have looked here first. (BE.com) :blink: I went and ordered a CR Speed WSM model. I could have bought another CR belt and the holster (007)! Live and learn! Now if I can get a hold of my gunsmith to do the paperwork on my G24 I will be set.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently got the Hogue for a great price, and the negative press is a bit overblown, IMHO.

+1

I picked up a Hogue from a prize table a year or so ago. I was going to sell it, but figured I'd try it out first. I don't think I'll sell it.

I'm a big fan of the CR holster and use one for my Limited & Open gun. But I sometimes shoot a G35 in Lim, and have no complaints about the Hogue. I always lock it between stages, but I don't think I'd have a problem keeping it on my holster unless it took a pretty good bump.