Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 3 Revolver Follow Up

pskys2

Congratulations to Mike Carmoney for his convincing win at the Area 3. Though the Prop Gremlin tried to take it from him on the last course Keith Ulfers and young Sam couldn't quite close the deal. But, man was it fun!

Also, congratulations to Mike's son Sam. He shot a very consistent match to win C class and due to it having 5 competitors, he took home a firearm! I can't say for sure what his final overall placement was, but I'm sure he was 4th or better.

He's quite an impressive youngster.

I see how it works. The rest of us are out at the IRC and while no one is looking, Mike makes master and then wins an area match and 2 guns. Don't blink or he be Gm and CEO of S&W.

But he's still the new guy! :lol:

Cliff don't worry Doug (though he shot Limited), Ken, Keith and I gave him enough agitation to last until the Nationals and then you can take over. Why we had him so worked up he couldn't even open a door!

Though one does get a feeling they are sitting up there in the "compound" plotting something.

Though one does get a feeling they are sitting up there in the "compound" plotting something.
:lol::lol::lol:

Mike shot a solid match, and handled the prop "disfunction" well. It is Sam I am worried about....he said something about a......GASP :blink: ........STI LTD gun during the awards ceremony....... :wacko: I hope he comes out of it.......as for me I appreciate the guys not saying anything about how the front sight on my revo wouldnt have flown off at the match......... :angry:

A big thanks to WalterMitty for finding it :) . It allowed me to finish the match!

You Revo guys are some of the funnest squads to shoot with!

DougC

But he's still the new guy! :lol:

Cliff don't worry Doug (though he shot Limited), Ken, Keith and I gave him enough agitation to last until the Nationals and then you can take over. Why we had him so worked up he couldn't even open a door!

Yeah, I would have felt real bad had I won because Mike didn't open a door hard enough on the last stage. I would have taken the prize... but I would have felt real bad about it. :P

Even though he received a FTE and two misses on that last stage because the door did not activate one of the two targets downrange Mike still tromped us with the nearest shooter at 89.9% of him for the match. Even though RM Tom Drazy ruled against Mike, he agreed that it was not the best stage design and setup.

Still a good time was had by all.

And I did see young Sam drooling over a fancy limited gun at the vendor tent.

Scores are Posted on the USPSA website now.

Keith when you beat Mike, don't fret about how you do it. GLOAT! :lol:

I was working on Sam about the fun of Limited. Keith we escaped his clutches by less than 5% for you and "Gasp" 2% for me. That kid has potential. Too bad Mike's wasting it, HA!HA!HA! Poor Sam didn't realize he was carrying dad's extra ammo all day.

Note to Sam, next time pack your own shooting bag!

Area 3 Squad 45 was the most fun I've had at a Match in a decade.

Thanks fellas! We had a great time at another fine Area 3 match. Once again, we escaped bad weather, shot a bunch of fun stages, and saw another fantastic prize table thanks to a set of great sponsors, particularly CZ-USA. Every class with 5 or more shooters within every division was shooting for a gun prize, plus another gun for high overall in each division--is that awesome or what?? We need to get a bunch more wheels at this match next year and make sure there's at least 5 shooters in every class from M through D!

I shot well. The range equipment issue on Stage 3 was upsetting, but all things considered it was handled correctly and consistently. RM Tom Drazy came over and addressed it with me, at my request, and was understanding and appropriate even when he had to make the adverse ruling. He's a class guy (who just so happens to be damn good with a revolver!) and an old pin-shooting compadre of mine from way, way back. Bottom line--I thought the whole staff at A-3 did a great job again this year--thanks to all.

Sam shot another strong match, finishing at 84% and taking second place on four stages and never lower than fifth place on any stage. Not bad for a 13-year-old kid who's far too distracted by his hormones to actually practice his shooting. I almost had to drag him down there, making him miss game three of the county baseball tournament and a birthday party at some girl's house--he was not happy. Needless to say, the excitement of winning a gun (a really nice CZ target rifle) was a big motivator for him. Thanks again to everybody for treating him so well! Sam and I both really enjoyed the time spent with such good friends.

Seriously, though--put this match on your calendars for next year. Area 3 is a premiere event.

Edited by Carmoney

:lol::lol::lol:

Mike shot a solid match, and handled the prop "disfunction" well. It is Sam I am worried about....he said something about a......GASP :blink: ........STI LTD gun during the awards ceremony....... :wacko: I hope he comes out of it.......as for me I appreciate the guys not saying anything about how the front sight on my revo wouldnt have flown off at the match......... :angry:

A big thanks to WalterMitty for finding it :) . It allowed me to finish the match!

You Revo guys are some of the funnest squads to shoot with!

DougC

I didn't find the sight, the RO did. I just ran after you to stop you before you went and did something desperate to your gun. :lol:

Doug it was hawk-eyed Chris Davies, the Great Plains Section Coordinator and Range Officer on that stage, who was your true hero. And I bet you never even thanked him. But, we did it for you.

Doug if you can make the Great Plains Sectional in September, Chris will be there working as always.

If you go, will it be with a Revolver or Limited?

Good Luck at the Handgunner Match.

Dave

• 1 month later...

I think Keith's right. "Barrel of Fun" last year, right? I don't see it on mine either.

I'd kinda like to see this year's count for something....I had a good run.

ADDED on 8/15/06: They sent it through.

Edited by Carmoney