Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.32 Acp Conversion -- An "extra" Part?

I'm new to the 650. Mine came setup for .44 Magnum, which now has nicely adjusted dies, etc.

I did a caliber conversion tonight to .32 ACP and in my .32 ACP conversion kit was a plastic part that appears on the schematic as the "Case Insert Slide" (Platform Assembly Diagram, item #2). As near as I can tell, the part on the machine was identical and I didn't bother installing the one that came in the conversion kit. I ran about 25 cases through the machine in the course of setting the dies and had no feed problems.

Was this part included by mistake? A simple parts count comparing the conversion kit contents listed in the manual shows this as extra, and the Dillon web site makes no mention of it, and the conversion docs make no mention of it, either, other than possibly flipping the Slide Cam for rifle/pistol conversions.

I've had past experience with disassembling and reassembling stuff and wondering why they included "extra" parts :blink:, just hoping I didn't do it this time...

Strange, I guess that that part was added later? I have and early .32 ACP/MAG conversion for my 650 and it doesn't have that part?

I have never had any problems with it so I guess I don't need it?

Neal in AZ

This is a modified part. Install it to get cases to feed reliably. :ph34r:

Is it purely a .32 modification?

I'm going to try without and see what happens; I didn't run into feed problems while setting up the dies, so maybe it won't be a problem.