Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ejector Rod Question

Delta Mike

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for some minor help here. The ejector rod on my 610 comes loose when I dry fire. It unscrews itself just a little bit with every reload (I have to tighten it maybe every 5 reloads or so, or it gets difficult to release the cylinder because the rod is now a little bit "longer").

I was wondering if the application of a little bit of locktite is a good idea, but I am hesitant to do it in fear of binding anything up.

I am also interested in maybe having a gunsmith install a "Ball Lock Detent" I think I know what this is and I think it may solve the problem, but I am not quite sure how it works, or if there is a gunsmith in my area that can do it. (NW New Mexico)

I shoot mostly IDPA, and I am not even sure if this modification is legal.

Take Care,

DM

Blue Loctite will do the trick. When you tighten the rod put empty cases in the charge holes so you don't stress the star too much. Forgot to add, remember, the rod is reverse thread, righty loosy, lefty tighty!

Edited by R112mercer

A drop of BLUE lock tight will take care of the ejection rod. I have a tool that clamps around the rod so you can tighten it pretty good by hand and it never comes loose.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/Pro...RACTOR+ROD+TOOL

I have a tool for that also. It's called a bench vise. Clamp the rod into the vise, put a couple empty cases in opposing holes and tighten it. Don't kill it, tighten it.

As for the blue stuff??????? I don't believe in it. But as always, I am a minority. I shoot revolver and work for a living.

regards,

I like to chuck the ejector rod in an unplugged drill for loosening and tightening purposes. If you're careful, you can avoid the knurling and not mar the rod (which is all too easy to do with a vise or vise grips...)

If you're careful, you can avoid the knurling and not mar the rod (which is all too easy to do with a vise or vise grips...)

That's what vise jaw pads are for Mike :) Plus you chuck it in the middle of the rod, not on the end. Chucking it into anything on the knurled end can deform it so the centerpin sticks.

regards,