Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skateboard/anti-slip Tape

ExtremeShot

I want to buy some "skateboard tape" that is stretchable (like TruGrip) that I can cut into various shapes and use in different places on my guns (like on the front strap, under the trigger guard, etc.). However, buying the TruGrips won't work because they are already cut and, not to mention, too dang expensive.

I know there are many types of anti-skid/skateboard tape out there. Does anyone know of a tape with the same characteristics of TruGrip?

Thanks,

Darren

How's the grit as compared to the TruGrip? ....some tape has really big sand particles that come off real easy.

Thanks for the info,

Darren

I use a very pliable sticky tape called Black Magic, and it is very good. The Kids at the skate board shop should be able to point you toward their stock.

The grit is super fine. If you need a little bit, send me your address and I'll send you some so you can source it. I know some people like the precut stuff, but at $5 a 3 foot sheet, you can cut a LOT of your own grips out of 3 feet of tape (I use tin snips.) I would say if I though another tape was better, I would be using it. I've seen a lot of tapes. scott@oregonshooting.com

FWIW, Eric'c tape will keep the gun looking "professional" if asthetics are important to you. By the time you buy a strip from Home Despot, you could buy a kit from him and hardly pay more. Since I know what my homemade tape jobs look like, his kits are worth the $. If you want to do something special he might throw in an extra piece for you to place on the back strap.

Thanks for the offer, however, I just bought two strips of it off ebay for about $4.00/each (see the ebay link below). I look forward to trying it out based on your recommendation. Thanks for the help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8825646634

Darren

The grit is super fine. If you need a little bit, send me your address and I'll send you some so you can source it. I know some people like the precut stuff, but at $5 a 3 foot sheet, you can cut a LOT of your own grips out of 3 feet of tape (I use tin snips.) I would say if I though another tape was better, I would be using it. I've seen a lot of tapes. scott@oregonshooting.com

I got some from a skate shop -- for free. I told them what I wanted to do with it. They thought it was cool so they just gave me two big sheets.

It is ok stuff. The grit is fine and the backing looks like a medium thick paper.

A friend gave me some stuff he had--coarser grit but the backing reminded me of 100MPH tape. It looked to be metallic like.

Both work fine for me but I only tape under my trigger guard.